"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lessons Learned

"Synchronicity is a "happen chance" that occurs that is in perfect alignment with your thoughts or ideas. Often mistaken as coincidences, synchronicities are universal nods, confirming that you are on the right track. Synchronicities can also be road signs that help steer you on to the right track if you are feeling confused or lost in some way."online dictionary


I wasn't worried today. As I drove I turned on the radio and wasn't really paying attention until I realized I was on a Christian Talk radio station. Not sure how but as I listened, I found the pastor's way of talking so amusing and down to earth that I had to listen. He spoke of how we're used to get the message across to others. How someone may speak just the right word to us when we most need to hear it. How we can pick up the phone and call someone we haven't talked to in years, at just the right time.
 
He talked about the life trials we face and how they can be blessings because they serve to inspire others when we survive them. How we're thrown into the furnace, not to be destroyed, but to be purified like gold being prepped for the expensive jewelry creations. Then he ended it with this statement which made me laugh out loud. (That's ok-drivers are used to seeing me laugh or sing to myself)
 
"If you ask God to use you as a vessel He says ok and pushes you into the furnace where you'll be boiled, broiled, fried, stewed, blackened, barbecued, roasted, sauteed and smoked. Just when you've had enough God opens the door and you'll shout 'At last!' and God says No, I'm just turning you over. Get back in there." Pastor Paul Sheppard
 
So after that, I walked into the doc's office pretty smug. My tests came back clear and I'll be ok. They're not sure what caused the lump; which has been getting smaller and less painful. But they're not worried if the tests came back ok. I'll have to trust that they're right and just keep an eye on any changes.
 
But as I sat in the waiting room I wondered what lessons I'd learned and this is what I came up with:
  • it's ok to share the good and bad with others
  • it's ok to rely on other people's support
  • good vibes do (really really do) stomp out the bad ones
  • it's ok to be patient but know when to fight for action
  • my family would actually miss me and really do love me
  • my hubby's family actually loves me (they told me and I shoulda recorded it)
  • my ex-hubby cares
  • my son can feel my negative vibes and reacts to them
  • the importance of blogger friends' support and positive vibes
  • most importantly - that evil does try to sway your thoughts but positive vibes and calling on Divine intervention sends it packing
So looks like you all are stuck with me for a while longer. Now I can try to get my bootay back on track. I feel like I've been sleeping for a month and not quite sure where I am. I'm a bit stunned but I won this round. I'll have to keep my mind sharp now that I know there's a merciless opponent lurking in the shadows.



Florida 2007

8 comments:

  1. Thank you spirit for answered prayers!
    Aho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief and sending up a prayer of thanks!! For a healthy Elena and for so many lessons learned!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Such wonderful news. Hugs!
    I was laughing, thinking God just pulled me out and turned me over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great News! Thanks to God for answered prayers. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elena,
    I've been thinking about you all week and hoping for good news! And yes, it happened. Thanks for sharing these last few days. You did learn lots of lessons and so did I on how you coped with this challenge!
    Now relax and celebrate the holidays. I am thankful for your bright spirit!
    And yes synchronicity seems to be surrounding you everywhere. Love and hugs and now maybe you can create a celebration art piece!
    A relieved Bev across the miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elena, good news!
    give thanks
    love much
    let go
    eat turkey
    now paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Day! I can feel your relief, Elena. I'm so happy you can relax today; now enjoy your family time and yes...then paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about you this whole week while I was gone. This is great news! I am so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!