I've always liked those lines in a book that start with someone grabbing a cup of tea and sitting with family or friends to discuss something important. Seems like the tea leads to a heartwarming moment. (Huh, and I swear I'm not sappy) I don't drink tea...or coffee, so I figured this type of heartwarming moment would always be beyond my reach. But I experienced my own tea moments yesterday:I went to drawing class and had to leave within the hour. My head just wouldn't cooperate. I've been squishing down all these emotions and the more I tried to draw it was like opening a corner of a box and all these things were trying to come out. I ran, with my tail between my legs....but not far enough until April caught me and told me to walk the nature trail. Lump in throat and blinking back angry tears, I headed out on the trail. Halfway through I stopped and just smelled the earth. It was that spring soil smell and the sun was filtering through the bare branches. I actually heard a leaf fall. Yep, saw it flutter and make a little crunchy sound as it joined his brothers. Later something jumped behind a tree so I'm guessing I scared a deer. And let me tell you that whatever has been harrassing my head stayed at the entrance to the nature trail. I was at peace and walked until I found myself at the parking lot. I realized I'm not afraid of death; I'm afraid of leaving my son too soon. That's it. So thanks, April, for much needed shoving.
Then I decided to call my mom and tell her what was happening; of course after assuring her that everything was fine. She told me it was actually common in my family, near and distant, to have these lumps caused by the underwire bras. I told her that had run through my mind since the location of lump and end of wire was too coincidental. I felt much much better; I had received mom support even though I had tried to avoid telling her so she wouldn't worry. Thanks Mama, I didn't realize I needed you in this.
My son and I were on our own for dinner. So he made me dinner. My little 11 year old went out to the grill and made me a steak. We had steak, veggies and mashed potatoes. I was so enormously proud. Remember, I don't cook (hardly) so the steak would have been beyond my abilities.
Later when hubby came home he prepared a bath for me in the whirlpool tub so the pain would go away. This was a first...and the first time I've used that tub since moving in. It worked, the pain went away for the evening and I knocked out.
So I felt like someone had given me a cup of tea and discussed my concerns. I'm much better now. I'd be great if I could just get scheduled for that darned test. Would you believe the hold up is that the woman is out ill? Never knew hospital activities shut down with the absence of ONE person. Hmmmm....
By the way, thanks again for listening to me through this. It helps knowing people don't hide....
I'm so glad you called your Mother. Reminded me of a story from Clarissa Pinkerton's Women Who Run with the Wolves. We must stand on our frail elderly ancestors to grow. We think we need to hold them up, but they have so much more wisdom than we.
ReplyDeleteNice comment Doris!
ReplyDeleteElena, Must you go to one particular place?
Oh well, it will only get worse I fear
What? you don't cook? Can't believe it
I bet you'd be one dynamo cook if you did!
Hang in there...the candles are lit and prayers said everyday
Ah the healing of nature. How wonderful. And then you throw in a little motherly love and all is well. Not to mention the care your two men gave you!!!
ReplyDeleteWell now... You find your way and the support of you loved ones and some truths reveal themself... I've done many mind mediations about walking in the woods and setting my trouble bag on the stump for the great spirit to take care of and as you have experience the medicines of the woods you will again.... keep the journey real and pray up and throw as you can see some really amazing things are happening.
ReplyDeletePeace my friend~
~v~
I could feel there was something heavy on your mind that day, Elena. You couldn't concentrate and believe me, I know that feeling lately. I felt you needed a hug. Bless your heart for stopping to take that walk ( I watched you through the window for a few moments and saw you turn down the trail instead of going to your car). You know, The Center is the most peaceful place and I am glad that helped. You will be fine. And listen to Mama - get rid of those underwires.
ReplyDeleteThere were so many times I wish I had reached out to my Mom and Dad about my personal issues. But the smiling face stayed pasted on. I recall that as I read your post here! It took me many years to trust others......
ReplyDeleteThe Center Woods has wonderful magic. There were several times when I left an art class too because of some inner restlessness. Glad you paid attention and are aware of your emotions.
Hugs across the miles!
The path to the true self will provide jewels, just wait and see!
Elena, they are actually making more underwires now I noticed. Hope thats the problem all along. I will be thinking of you still...
ReplyDelete