"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thawed

It's probably human nature to avoid that which makes you uncomfortable. To take the easy, fastest, shortest, cheapest....way out. But it's those uncomfortable moments that offer the most valuable lessons. I know I hit upon an important bit of historical information yesterday. Something I always knew but wasn't ready to 'know'. Funny thing is that once I acknowledged my feelings, I was fine. I feel like an outside observer. Wow, I do feel like invisible Scrooge looking upon young Scrooge.

As I walked outside this morning I was humbled by the view of ice on the trees. That moment where they look like crystalized art. It occurred to me that sometimes things happen in life that seem to 'flash freeze' the moment. Encapsulating the painful event for future scrutiny. I was wrong in thinking the past had to be stuffed away never to be seen again. When the time is right and you can view an event in a new light, it's like the crystalized trees in the rays of the rising sun. The ice starts melting away and reveals the magic of the moment. The lesson to be learned. The beauty.

Thanks everyone for your great comments.
And to my sister/cuz, you're right.
 Carlos would want me to keep dancing.
And that's all life really is.
A dance along the path.

Even if I do keep tripping on my own two feet.
Lessons.
Beautiful lessons.


8 comments:

  1. Awww. What a super sweet post. And full of wisdom too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was beautiful outside yesterday....totally a foggy world of crystalized gorgeousness....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And everything *melts* when the time is right for you to process it. ;-)
    Love the photo too~~We did not have ice but frost yesterday and I snagged some shots....the world is transformed in those small moments! (we are too)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very well said, enjoy the dance:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sad at heart when i started this post but by the end of it..though not exactly happy, i was feeling lighter at heart...it's just the beauty of that beautiful moment in nature which u caught and wrote in this post that has soothed my heart..Thanku :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, finding beauty and lessons in the hard stuff ! You are amazing, Miss Elena. You feel sparkly today. Love that !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!