"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Winners

So now I know what the Universe was up to when it planted the idea...'have a giveaway'. You see, I've been craving the act of creating but wouldn't allow myself the opportunity to do so. Had to clean, shop online, wrap presents, take out the dogs....yeah yeah what I was really doing was perfecting the act of procrastination or downright avoidance. I can't suck at something if I don't start right?

But my great mentor Anne summed it up perfectly when she said that my fight against the muse would be a losing battle. Basically no matter how much I stuffed it into a locked box, it would get out. And apparently on its own terms. The giveaway forced me to stop avoiding and show up in the studio. So I unlocked the box to let the muse out. And it wouldn't. My first creation was horribly horrible. And the muse laughed. And I wanted to scream. Nothing worked. Could worse actually become...worse? Yep.

Ever notice how fast you spiral out of control once your stuck in spin mode? Hee hee, I do. Here was the thought process "boy I really suck at this, I have no talent, who am I fooling, this is why I don't create, useless, yep you're useless, that's why you quit working, no talent and useless, and you're too fat..." and in the middle of this my hair decided to fall to the side a bit and out of frustration I took the scissors and cut 2" off the back. Yep. It's now ranging from sitting a bit above my shoulder to above my collar. I went to the mirror and laughed. Except for being really crooked, it looks cute. And it was enough to break the spell. I was back to being in a good mood.

While this was happening hubby was at the grocery store. When he came home I said "ok, look what I did but atleast it wasn't an ear..." We had a good laugh. I eventually made it back to the studio and taking Anne's advice I started again. And ended up creating things I loved.

So what did I learn?
When the muse calls, listen.
She's dangerous if locked away.
And if you're in a bad mood, stay away from scissors.

So thanks everyone for the great comments to the previous posts. I wish I could give you all something but then I wouldn't have any hair left. I'm sure I'll have another giveaway soon but for now, the lucky winners are:

Nacherluver
Robin
Audrey
Karen
Silke
Debra She Who Seeks

Please send me an email with your address and I'll get the little giftie out to you. 
Trust me, it's made with love now.
~ ~ ~ ~
"Nothing happens until something moves" Albert Einstein

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe I won something!! I am soooooo excited!!!!! I can't wait to see what it is!! And, by the way, I have MANY of those moments when I try to force things and end up creating something horrible. It's just so hard to get in the "flow" sometimes!! I will e-mail you momentarily!!! Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to your hair! Congratulations to the winners, i hope you will show us what they won and I hope I win next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing joy into other people´s lives with your giveaway and learning at the same time. A heady combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, Yay, YAY!!!! (jumping with joy)
    Thank you soooo much! So glad to have won.
    Can't wait to see my beautiful prize!
    Heading over to e-mail. ;0)

    p.s. great post. process. what a word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep thee away from the scissors !!! Too funny !

    I have been away from my journal for about two months now between the craft fairs and the Christmas prep. and the fact that my work table is so buried under crap that needs to be put away, that I couldn't work there without about a half a day of cleaning away ! I am missing it very badly but know that the rest of the very l..o..n..g New Enlgand winter is a head of me that I have slotted as really creative time jusr for me.
    I have also done a lot of work with those damn critics in my head. They used to come out every single time I sat down to create. But now they pop up much less. Once I just gave myself permission to make some sucky art if that was what was going to happen and enjoy the fact that I had take the hour of two for me and my Muse, they seemed to learn to back off a bit. I hope you get to train yours like that with practice. That or make really good friends with some super short hairstyles ! ;)
    Brava for the lessons learned and the laughter you shared ! Congrats to the winners, Lucky Ones !!!
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The muse works on her own terms, and I'm pretty sure the hair was just a little helpful *payback* for "See, you locked me up and wouldn't listen to me---oh here Honey, let me help with those scissors!" heehee!
    Congrats to your lucky winners as they will indeed be LUCKY!
    And treat the muse nice....it's sooooo much easier! ;D

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! I'm so excited to have been chosen! I had to laugh at your muse's antics too. I don't have your email but if you leave it in a comment to my on my blog, I won't publish it but I will then privately email you my mailing address, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the winners! I hope you will share a picture for the rest of us.
    Merry Christmas, Elena! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thrill to see that I won. Today I start radiation treatments, so your gift will bring a smile to my face when I start out on this on this journey. Thanks, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! And especially for sending me an e-mail letting me know. These days I'm hopelessly behind in my blog hopping!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!