This will be short
I promise
Hee hee
I was thinking that perhaps we don't have to struggle too much in life
Perhaps we come with a built-in barometer
That acts like those bubble levels used in carpentry
When we're veering a bit off course, our bubble feeling a bit askew
If we listen to ourselves, we know something's not quite right
Perhaps external stimulants make it difficult to hear ourselves
Perhaps we forgot how to trust in ourselves
And when we veer too far off we succumb to illnesses
Or methods to numb the nagging feeling that things are all wrong
Atleast that's what I wonder
When I watch people who abuse alcohol, drugs...whatever
Who knows....I was just thinking

Totally agree Elena, well said.
ReplyDeleteGreat analogy! I think you're right but unfortunately we ignore our Bubble all too often.
ReplyDeleteI was taught that to walk a good red road from south to north one will sway a little to the east and then a little to the west.. the swaying is for one to learn from it's when one strays and travels to from the east to west that trouble starts as you have stated... with abuse to oneselves or others...a little level is a great symbol as is the water itself..from the sewer and water man in my house water will always seek's its own level...we are how much...?? made up of water...hmmmm makes good sense to seek a good level or balance...(ramblin but good topic) Aho!
ReplyDelete~v~Laura
Nice analogy. Hugs Karen
ReplyDeleteHmmm, wonder how far off balance my bubble is?
ReplyDelete