"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, January 1, 2011

LOVE

I wonder if I'll ever get over cringing each time I type that word...Love?
~ ~ ~ ~
So it's officially 1-1-11 (ok so I only wanted to see it in print, again)

The word for the year is officially 
LOVE

 I won't go into why again
Seeing as how the word picked me anyway
And I already blabbed all about it in the post here

LOVE
Not the mushy kind between husband/wife (eeek I think that's another lifetime)
Not the kind between family members (I know I love them)
Not the kind between my new found friends 
Or for Tiramisu, or art supply gift cards, or boxes, or paper or pencils, or or or....
(I learned from Anne that there are different meanings for the word Love)

LOVE
Nope I have a gut feeling this is the kind of love
That eludes me
(wait so does the husband/wife kind - ok I digress)
This one is Love for self
The one that can launch dreams
Respect, passion, confidence
'I am woman hear me roar' type of stuff
Ok ok I got carried away

As I learned with the 2010 word, Trust, I don't question
The word picked me for a reason
I just need to follow the cues

So I'm ready
(wince, wince)
Bring it on, Love
~ ~ ~ ~
In the spirit of 1-1-11 (oh how I love that number)
And because I know we are all from one source
I'm feeling the love
I will give something to the first person to leave a comment
Whoa I'm loving this giving away stuff

(now how many times did I write 'love' in that last paragraph)
Uggggh, I'm not gonna become mushy am I?
Do you know what the bikers will do to me on road trips?!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE of self, unselfish, pure is a wonderful gift to yourself. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! About the biker part..... ;D
    You do have love for yourself or there is now way you would sense what you do artistically and in the world.
    It's just that we don't let that out. A lot of women are sadly the products of this American code of conduct that you are to put everything else first and foremost and yourself last....which doesn't help the issue. Allowing self appreciation, self respect, self confidence to flourish and grow allows YOU to be able to hold a lot more LOVE (and you can pick the particular greek meaning that fits for this one! NOT EROS! LOL!!!).
    I rather loved that banana split photo yesterday......

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bikers need loving just as much as any of us, Baby ! Plus the great thing about love it that it doesn't have to be mushy and gushy to be real - if just has to be heart-felt !
    Wishing you a happy, happy new Year and a ton of love lessons in 2011 !
    Big Mushy Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! "Bring it on." You are asking for it! Hee hee. Threatening the universe to send you love? I'm imagining you skipping through the forest with a skirt on holding the sides slightly high whistling and singing while birds and hearts float around your head. Or maybe that's a cartoon I've seen once.
    Hee hee!
    Congrats on your choice and putting your word out there so bravely. May your embrace of love this year bring greater return than you ever could have imagined. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing you can make that can't be made.
    No one you can save that can't be saved.
    Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
    It's easy.

    All you need is love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can love another until we learn to love ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!