"God this is too menial for you so I'm gonna talk to my Angels here. Don't be offended. K? Now Angels, you see the big picture. Can you give me a little clue please? Or speak up cuz I can't hear you." Then gave up and went to sleep.
I dreamt alot, some I remember and mostly I don't. But two things stuck in my head. I was riding in back of my hubby's moto. Now I KNOW that was a dream because I flat out refuse to ride in back. Ever. It's not a high horse thing. I really don't like the feel. I'm not in control. I don't like that. And in the dream I kept slipping to the sides and was trying to hold on. On a few turns we'd almost fall and I'd stick my leg out to keep us from toppling. This was beginning to border on nightmare stuff. Ugghh.
Then it shifted, as dreams do. With my cuddling up to some guy who seemed vaguely familiar and telling him I was sorry for being so mean. I told him I was being mean because I was going to miss him. And I got the sense there were romantic feelings there but it sure wasn't hubby #1 or #2. Tee hee! We sat there holding each other and I woke up oh SO SAD. It was slightly amusing that I was so sad over some mysterious paramour leaving.
So here's what I concluded this evening. The ride on the back of my hubby's moto represents my loss of control. I am completely dependent on hubby now and it irks me not to be making my own money. The sorrowful goodbye? Well I'd like to think my dreams were becoming spicy (hee hee!) but maybe the vaguely familiar guy represented my career. Shit! Does that mean I just kissed my career goodbye? Actually I won't admit this but I've been trying to ignore the tiny voice that says yes.
While in the store buying gel medium, I didn't pay attention to the song on the loudspeaker. I heard it but didn't 'listen' to it. Until the lady down the aisle said "I love you too" very loudly. I looked up as a worker laughed and she pointed at the loudspeaker. I listened and heard:
"I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care, I do
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"
partial Stevie Wonder
And in my head I heard "finally". A bit later I stepped onto a dollar bill. I asked a woman if it was hers and she said "nope, it's your dollar now." Sure you could say I'm trying too hard to find signs. But I honestly wasn't looking for any. I'd like to think my angels spoke up to say 'we hear ya' and sent me a dollar so I don't feel so out of monetary-control. One dollar. If I keep finding them they'll add up.
I know a guy who puts all the change he finds in a jar throughout the year. At Christmas he and his wife open the jar and buy themselves something. Usually a bottle of wine, once a tv.
What a great way you have of expressing how you feel Elena. Letting go is very hard, but and this is the big BUT, you can never truly move on until you let go completely.
ReplyDeleteLook back at the last year and the changes you have made, difficult as they were, do they feel right now in hindsight? Trust yourself.
With a sincere heart there are no mistakes only learning opportunities.
Wow, what a great post!! You know, I got the instant feeling that in your second dream "the guy" is that part of you that likes to be in control and you are saying good-bye to that. And maybe apologizing to yourself? You are stepping into a whole new way of being and allowing and that takes a while to get used to. Love the signs you got!! Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteOh....your poor angels are working OVERTIME!!!
ReplyDelete1st: Did you consider that dream to be a manifestation of the physical drive to and from the city for work? The rigors of it, the loss of control of your life and time once you would commit to a *regular job*?
2nd: And is that perhaps Artist Elena being mean to Career Girl Elena? You love her, but you're going to miss her....the poignancy of letting go.....
This is as deep as I get before the second mug of coffee.
You're on the right track.
Don't fight.
XXOO~~♥
Anne
I so enjoy and witnessing your discoveries and sharings...gives hope for the rest of us wandering souls...hahaha..hugs lady!
ReplyDeleteI suppose I should have a long hard talk with my angels as I keep finding rusty pennies!
ReplyDeleteIf you're getting them, hearing them, feeling them, they are signs. Take 'em any way you can get 'em!
ReplyDeleteThen send some my way. ;)