"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sign of the Times

When I was in grammar school
I used to be embarrassed that I was the only kid with a working mom

My son says he's embarrassed I'm a stay-at-home mom

Me too kid, me too
~ ~ ~
I have no regrets
There's a reason I was given two lifetimes
I just have to find the balance
Hmmmmm....
Time to put on the thinking cap
~ ~ ~
I should get a job in the school cafeteria
he'd be horrified
tee hee

12 comments:

  1. Aren't kids embarrassed no matter what their parents do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. but moms with hair nets are just not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children have a habit of saying things which make us parents feel uncertain. In a way it should strengthen our convictions if they are true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also embarrassed that my mom worked. It was necessary, though, because my parents were divorced. Anoer oddity in our community at that time. I LOVE the idea of working in the cafeteria. The ultimate revenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.......don't make me kick you; I haven't broken in my new Doc Martens yet and would get blisters!
    You're a working artist---BIG DIFFERENCE!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup. Work at home is definitely work. Let him know that not only do you work, but you're the boss! Hee hee hee. If that doesn't work, definitely hit the cafeteria. Better yet, see if there's a janitor position available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say, tell him to get over it. He needs to realize that you are much more than a stay at home mom, and that the "work" you do is very important in this world. All kids are embarassed by their parents at some point, But I will bet later on in life, he will think more than once at how wonderful it was that his mom dedicated hereself to her "mothering" the way you have.
    So there. ;-)
    Happy Tuesday 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Yeah, I agree with the above statements. My twentysomething kids live with us, both in University and I am dreaming of having them fly away to their own nests. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick note to tell you how proud I am of you. I can't get your new artwork off my mind. Woo, you are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have half a mind to become a cafeteria lady! I don't know how else to be valuable and earn money at this age with only a highschool education...there is also a grocery store in town that might hire me...and there are some real characters working there...
    Do you NEED to work outside the home?
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I could relate to that little line "me too, kid, me too!" Being home without a "real" reason has been the hardest part of quitting work for me. I am not a mom or even a full time housewife (don't really enjoy housework). Instead, I get to play and be creative most of my day. I think it's sad that that sometimes embarrasses me rather than have me jumping with joy at being my own boss and being able to do what I want. I can sooooo relate!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure he's very proud of you teaching him so much lightheartedness! Do you need a hairnet? tee hee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!