"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekword: Transition

I need a reason to create.

Apparently doing it for myself isn't motivation enough, thus the giveaways or family gifts. But you can only have so many of those before people start looking at you like 'oh.....thanks, again'. (Just kidding nobody says that....out loud) Besides, how will I ever achieve the goal of the in-house gallery showing if I give everything away. So I figured it would be a good idea to join Weekword via John's blog. You creatively interpret the week's word and post it on your blog. John's word is Transition. I thought it was perfect. Especially after the last few days' posts!

Right away I saw the image in my head that I wanted to work with. That logical side of my brain argued that the image didn't accurately portray the word Transition but instead the word Transformation. I figured I had to pull in the reigns before Mr. Logical took over so I appeased him by pulling up the dictionary.

Transition: Change or passage from one state or stage to another
Transformation: An act, process, or instance of being transformed; to be altered radically in form, function, etc

Mr. Logical agreed and stepped aside to let the creativity flow. Here's my in progress piece. I'm done for now. And as you know by now, my head needs a running commentary...so here's what went through my head as I painted.
I shed everything I knew to be true
Desperately trying to maintain what little was left
of my crumbling reality
until I recognized I was in a state of transition
I could fight it 
Or stand and welcome it with open arms


“Disenchantment, whether it is a minor disappointment or a major shock, 
is the signal that things are moving into transition in our lives.”
 William Bridges

16 comments:

  1. Hi Elena

    Wow! What a transition!

    Great post and art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O...M...G...!!!!
    Elena, that is fantastic! I love it...from the background color and texture to the figure in the foreground.
    I could analyze *why* it works in artistic terms but why.
    It works wonderfully!
    BRAVA!!!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great Elena...looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Elena this is just wonderful!! How did you do that background? I want to know!!! :) The whole piece is beautiful and I can't believe it's "in progress." Gorgeous!! Love, Silke
    P.S. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHA!! I knew you had it in you!! Awesome, just awesome Elena. I love it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elena,
    Definitely a piece with emotion and power. I'd have to say my most favorite "Elena" creation yet! I feel that words can help us when we create visually. Seems to be the case here. Have you ever thought about posting and sharing a work in progress from start to finish? I think that would be fascinating.
    Whatever it takes to get your work out there, my friend. When the gallery is ready, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, relaxing transition! I think you need to start making Christmas presents now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is simple divine!!! Love it. It is a perfect piece for Weekword. I bet your family and friends love to get some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to WEEKWORD! it's great to have new players! as you visit all the blogs, you'll get an idea of everyone's personality & their mode of creativity! Your artwork is incredible. Is this watercolor? or oils? or pastels? you can probably tell I don't use any of those myself. I love the background & the female form...
    thanks for participating. hope you'll come back next week? and my foot is going to be fine! once I got my scissors, glue, paper etc out, I could feel my spirits lifting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work, Elena. Welcome to weekword and I hope you continue to grace us with your art. B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings fellow week worder (and artist!) Sorry, I am late in posting my interpretation/comments this week. What lovely colors in this piece. Is the woman collaged in or did you draw/ paint her? It is hard to tell by the photo. Best of luck to you with your goal. Hope to visit you next week for a new word :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to weekword! Thoughtful words and a totally lovely image!!! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have two bikes. (Neither is a Harley). If that's your artwork on Slide, it LOOKS FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful!! Welcome to Weekword Elena, your art and blog is magical-I love love love meeting new creative bloggin buddies! Thanks for sharing your work with us and please do share with us your creative process, techniques, medium, etc. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!