I learned....
Some 'aha' moments sneak up and body slam you. Here's how I functioned in life #1. If it's all work related, that's because I spent 12 hours a day at work and another 3 doing work at home. So let's just say, that's all I did.
Receive project assignment. Meet with customer to review wishes and translate that into reality. Sketch some ideas. If customer couldn't read plans, resketch in 3D or whatever other version connected with customer's 'vision'. Once accepted, develop project estimate, schedules, etc. Receive funding. Proceed with all plans, furniture, fixture, equipment selections. I could envision walking through a completed space to determine what was missing before plans/orders were finalized. Once everything was approved, THEN we started building and ordering things. Basically, for 18 years I worked by envisioning the finished product and working backwards.
So is it any wonder why life #2 leaves me feeling a bit discombobulated! There's no finished product to work towards! It's all unknown, a step at a time. Yikes! And yet....that just might be what that 'desires' list is all about. Realizing all this was like finding a huge missing puzzle piece. Thanks Anne!
I learned....
I finally went to the doc and after a 10 min scolding was told to take my high blood pressure meds and Vitamin D pills. The sunshine in a pill. He told me 'I can only help you if you help me help you'
I asked, "So, doc, is it more important for someone to do what they love or make lots of money?"
He said, "Do what you love...money doesn't make you happy, it helps, but ultimately isn't fulfilling"
I asked, "So, what about you? Are you doing what you love?"
His eyes glowed, "Absolutely" (add huge grin here)
I laughed, "No wonder you put up with my bullshit"
And so begins my search for the people with 'passion in the eyes'. I found one.
I hope to learn....
I have no clue on some things so I'm asking for your suggestions here:
1) Looking for a good wine (Anne I'm going to try yours)
2) Looking for a soothing scent to put in bath water (funny cuz I mostly do showers)
what a motto to live by....or with......do what you love !!!
ReplyDeletei think i can do that....at least i hope i can !!!
You are moving in the right direction, and it certainly is true to do what you love.
ReplyDeleteI find writing fulfilling and love doing it, and getting paid to write. Hey I often write about gardening, so that is a plus too.
Take that medication and vitamin, your doctor sounds wise.
Yes, take your meds! I scold you too! But only because I take hypertension medication myself.
ReplyDeleteDo what you love............Great motto as Beth said. Just remember to love what your doing too and take time to laugh primarily at yourself, then it is fun too. :)
ReplyDeleteknock! knock!
ReplyDeleteIt's me, your inner creative, stuck in your computer. I'm trying hard to get out but someone keeps closing the window on me every time I start.
Dang!
Getting stuck in Windows is really annoying, and boring too.
I'd rather be in your head helping you come up with art and beautiful ideas.
I'm quite jealous that left-brain logic gets to stay; he was always such a wet blanket anyway....
You know where I am.
I hope you'll let me out to play.
Hey, some of these people that write you? They have good things to say!
Outta here.....
Your Creativity
Lots of great advice in all the previous comments!! DO take those meds!! High BP is so hard on your body in many ways!! And we want you around for a long time!!
ReplyDeleteOH!!! I forgot to tell you----I'm so excited!! Yesterday I ordered tickets to go see David Garrett in February!! I can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteThings seem to be falling right into place, stop fretting!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's an important discovery you have made! Wish I could help on the wine and bath scent but I hardly ever drink wine or take a bath. Perhaps that's what I need! I'll have to stay tuned and watch the suggestions of others.
ReplyDeleteLavendar is supposed to be relaxing so some lavendar oil would be a good start.