Law of attraction
Power of intention
Manifestation
Daydreaming
Karma
Whatever you want to call it - I find it downright fascinating. The belief that you can manifest your desires by the simple act of thinking it, feeling it, and expecting it. Your thoughts sending out your wish list like little ripples in the water to attract what you desire. Like attracts like. Without any doubts or naggy thoughts of it being impossible to achieve. Belief in something you can't see? But isn't that what most religions are based on anyway?
And I looked back at things I've achieved, things that had seemed impossible, to find a common thread. When I was in college I used to dream about riding a motorcycle. I could feel myself on the bike, the wind in my hair, leaning on the curves, and I'd ride all night. During the day I'd laugh it off to fantasy since I was too scared to try. And now I'm on my second moto; rode in CA, AZ, Hawaii, and other Midwestern states. And one day I'll ride cross country.
After finding out I'd have no more kids I'd yearn for large family meals and mourn the fact that my son wouldn't have siblings. I would dream of noisy meals with all kinds of food being passed around and siblings for my son to share things with when I'm gone. And I looked around our table yesterday and realized that although I can't have anymore kids, the cosmos gave me my wish. It was a noisy meal with two step sons, a step daughter-in law, a girlfriend, a mother-in-law, a step-granddaughter, and three dogs. And my son has a half-brother with the family on his dad's side. So he won't be alone.
When I bought my first condo or house, things didn't look promising. But I would pull up the online real estate photos and zoom in on the room views. I would overlay furniture pictures and pretend to furnish "my" rooms. I redesigned each room as if I had already moved in. So was it any surprise when the deals closed successfully?
There are other examples of this. Things I can't discount. And the key seems to be in my dreams. Because I can't censor my thoughts there. I can't say 'humpfh yeah-right' to my wishes when I'm asleep. So I will finish my vision board and try to fuel my dreams. How? By giving myself permission to feel the thrill and excitement of whatever it is I want to achieve. By not worrying about the how, when, where.
By just trusting...

Good thought Elena
ReplyDeleteAnother step forward for Elena
ReplyDeleteIsn't it darn amazing when we can see the growth we have made... wonderful. and more to come!
ReplyDeleteYup, sounds like a lot of gratitude to me.
ReplyDeleteElena,what an inspiration you are. Since I am having a very difficult time with my meds right now, I praise your writing. I needed to hear that. If my illness was not chronic and terminal I would dump all my meds as well, but I am afraid to become sick again. I hope to detox from the one med that is making me sick and get back to the "real" me--spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically.
ReplyDeleteI have to say--you have transformed from the scared little girl from a few years ago to a beautiful, talented and very gifted woman. Your writing and art is publishable--consider that. Love you.
I agree. You can help a lot of people, Elena.
ReplyDelete