As I write this it's 11:11.
I've been seeing the numbers everywhere; everyday.
I'll hang up from a call and the timer reads 1:11 or 11:11. Same on clocks. Even on a receipt.
Reminder that this sequence of numbers reminds us to stay positive as we're attracting the things we're focused on. So it's very fitting that I came here to post my vision board. I didn't think it was enough to hang on the wall; I'm taking a step further and sending it through the airwaves 'via blog'.
I'm already being tested by my word for the year. Trust.
The vision board was really difficult to put together. What do I want to attract to my life? What do I want? As I spun towards the "what do I want to be when I grow up" funnel, I told myself to hit the brakes and be still. 'TRUST' - I reminded myself. Just pick the things that jump out at you. I'm a bit surprised by the result. There aren't any material things. I thought I would want stuff. But I'm also surprised by the amount of artistic things since I thought it might be time to pull away from it a bit to make a real living.
Then when I saw my son riding the ATV I imagined all sorts of bad scenarios. I'm trying to teach him confidence and tried to hide my fear. 'TRUST' - I reminded myself. And I climbed onto mine as I fishtailed after him. Why is it that doubt breeds fear? My mom, who hated when I started riding a motorcyle, is thrilled over the ATVs. My sister, who is convinced we'll kill ourselves, asked her why. My mom's response was that I speed all over on two wheels. So, four wheels couldn't be that much more dangerous.
I have a job interview Friday. I have a sneaky feeling I might get it. I was excited about this part time job until it occurred to me that I have nobody to take care of my son when he's not in school. I fell into my old ways of trying to preplan and worried myself silly. It took alot of will power to remind myself to TRUST that things would work out the way they're meant to. Whether it means working part time or not working at all. I have to stop trying to force things. I'll go and see what happens. At a minimum, it'll refresh my interviewing skills. Boy this one is hard though. Trust trust trust trust....and be still.
And this one is strange but since New Year's I've been hearing noises. Jazz, the dog, is growling at empty chairs as she runs and hides. Today it sounded like aluminum cups falling but...nothing. Funny thing is my mom & her dog are having the same thing happening at her house. Of course my head decided death was coming to claim someone again. I had to pull in the reins and tell my head to shut up and TRUST that everything is fine. I finally told my mom the poor spirits were just wandering looking for a warm spot because the cemetaries were too cold. We both felt better.

The vision board is great. I put some of my artist way collages in my unfinished basement stairwell. I pass them everyday, sometimes I even look at them. Sounds like restless spirits have something to say. Maybe it's trust.
ReplyDeleteYes! they must have something to do with your vision board! How interesting! Funny, I just pulled out a book that I love and was going to start something like that. "Butterfly at Daybreak" by Gale Vance (really like her - in my class with Laura) and Ginny McIntosh. Check it out, Elena.
ReplyDelete