"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, January 22, 2010

January

January is my least favorite
The dreary days seem endless and it feels like the longest month
It's when I start hating my winter coat and living in snow boots
When my thoughts refuse to cooperate
and would rather be dramatic

It's when I start itching to ride
And I pat my motorcycle and tell her it's almost time
When I try on the leather jackets
And curse out the extra "padding" that's making the zipper too tight

And hubby silently watches as I pace like a caged animal
And as I turn to glare he smiles
And says I'm being taught patience
I clench my teeth and walk away

And then I decide to change my perception

These long days are perfect for planning this year's rides
I will lose the extra padding
I will go back into the studio
I have a roof over my head and food to eat
and best of all
There are 55 days to Spring

now where is that sun - my batteries are low

4 comments:

  1. between this post and the one from the day before...I think your waiting room looks extremely close to the one in my head...

    55 days until spring....well, hopefully then we can take the blankets off our heads that we threw on there when telling the world we want to be special and then we can skip outside to the tune of dragonflies... or the hum of motorcycle engines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. and the part of my backyard that is for the dogs is part ice, part mud, and a mess! yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you realize that what you have just walked though will come back to you later and continue to keep teaching you..life isn't it grand?

    wonderful way to turn it all around lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm needing that sunshine too! And boy I'm tiring of the same ole sweaters. January flew right past and April's making valentines, wasn't she making Christmas stockings yesterday?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!