"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Melodrama

It's time again.

For my hubby's annual barbecue (ok it's only year 2). And did I mention how social he is? He's as social as I'm not. I prefer solitude. He prefers interaction (even if he says he doesn't). So I build up this resistance to having to be around all these people until being around me is near impossible in the days leading up to said event. And yet, I think back to last year. Where I perfected my resistance skills until the moment our first guest arrived. I enjoyed being around them even if I can't relate to them as much as I used to. And even though said event will last until Sunday afternoon, I'm being melodramatic.

So it occurs to me that the only thing I have control over are my thoughts. 

That there's a fine line between reality
And perception


And that Monday is just around the corner.
Hee hee

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Elena let go of this angst...enjoy your husband's love for his barbeque...be gracious and loving to him.. I don't like all my husband's friends..mostly business and their wives are sometimes difficult or boring...but Hey I have a good time..for it is only in that moment that I have to overlook what annoys me about them..and just enjoy the party....most people do have other dimensions to them...they fear being with us just as much. we find out...so have fun..enjoy your husband..and look beautiful
    and remember this...you are delightful...and your home is beautiful....and your husband loves you....all of this is what he wants to share with his friends...so make it happen for him...your love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resist such things too but one never knows when one will meet the most interesting person or be turned on to the most wonderful something from these type gatherings. I hope you can relax and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it goes well Elena!! I know how hard it can be to socialize when you really don't feel like it and it's people you don't know very well or care for very much!! Just remember that YOU are a very special person, just as you are. You're probably light years ahead of them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Interesting, I just posted a blog on being in groups. I was talking about therapy groups, but groups are groups. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how thoughts and feelings can latch on to ones body and play director. I'll share what I've been working with...when thoughts and feelings come up almost like being a child and not wanting to do something your parents are going to make you do... You know that kind of feeling... well I've been telling myself that there's this plan and I don't know it all or can see it all but I can trust there's a plan...kind of like taking a walk in the woods where there's a path laid out but you can't see the whole thing at onces. Well after making that connection I then let myself know that the thoughts and feelings aren't gold...it's what I do with them that's going to make sense later... so most of the time I pray for them to pass and trust that it will work out and stay present...so far it's worked..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Elena,
    I really enjoy hosting, it's much easier than being a guest. Your conversations are initiated and all you have to do is be gracious and see that everyone else is content. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!