One of the great moments of riding in a group is pulling up at a hotel at the end of a long day. Checking in, dropping dusty gear, wiping bugs off your face and untangling your hair before jumping in the shower. Your body seems to hum and you feel connected to nature in a different way; as if your senses have been magnified by the open air, smells, and sunshine or rain.
After showering we gather in the lobby and head out for dinner. On one such trip hubby and I walked out of our hotel room and down the hall towards the elevator. About twenty feet ahead of us was an elderly couple walking side by side with their heads tilted towards each other in deep conversation. I interrupted hubby long enough to smile and comment about how adorable, elegant and happy they looked. They reached the elevator before us and we noticed the elevator doors opening as the interior light shone on their faces and they walked in. Not wanting to hold them up we took our time. Just as we reached the elevator the doors started closing and quickly reopened to let us in. As I stepped to walk in I said "Oh thank you but you didn't have to...". It was then that we noticed the elevator was empty. The doors hadn't closed so the elevator hadn't moved. They were just gone. I turned to look at hubby who grabbed me by the elbow, pulled me out and said "we're taking the stairs".
We were quiet after that; each trying to make sense of what we had just seen. With me eventually laughing at the big bad Harley guy who chickened out of an elevator ride. Perhaps when your senses are humming with awareness you are open to experience more of what the world has to offer. Perhaps there are things we aren't meant to understand. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye. Perhaps.

Yeah. Hugs Karen
ReplyDeleteHow special you were able to glimpse that :) I'd love to be able to be alert to the spiritual dimension all the time.
ReplyDeletehugs
Shelley
Um... yikes!
ReplyDeleteI've always been freaked by scary movies. Can't watch them. At all.
I don't really open myself up to experiences like that as I fear I would find myself way too clairvoyant for my own comfort. Is that strange?
It's cute hubs was chicken ;)
Sounds like you enjoyed your experience and I love how you told the story.
Beautiful! Almost brings a tear! Glimpse of the future or even the past?
ReplyDeleteOh, I got shivers...but I have had those moments in my life too. There is so much more than we can understand sometimes - accepting that is the hardest part, right ?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the travels...
Perhaps?!?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteYour deep awareness of life always fascinates me. It seems you are really allowing your inner self to come alive. Hm, and sounds like your hubby is going along for the ride with you!
ReplyDeleteWonderful way to tell a story with an ending I didn't expect!
And glad you seem to be realizing once again just how wonderful it is to be motorcycle gal!
ohhh...kind of freaky !
ReplyDelete