To.......
WHAT?
WAIT!
But, alas, no vial.
No hologram.
No flowing white robes.
Have you ever been on the wrong side of town? The one with the dilapidated buildings and drug dealers and guys looking at you like a pit bull looks at meat? Or the place that makes the skin on the back of your neck crawl. Whenever I have I wasted no time getting out fast. My short legs hustled. I didn't stand there taking in my surroundings. (ok, just a little) I didn't sit on the curb and say 'oh well, I'm here I might as well move on in'. Faced with immediate danger, adrenalin kicks in and I lash out fast. Sometimes stupidly, but I still react.
So why would I be so willing to set up camp in "Glooms-town, USA". Because I can't see the immediate danger? Isn't the constant barrage of self pity, negativity, self bashing just as dangerous as standing in the middle of a dark street in the slums? Sure one attacks the physical self but isn't the emotional self just as vulnerable? And isn't the resulting bad eating habits 'to teach myself a lesson' just as bad to the physical self as a punch in the eye?
Well, I'm cautiously trying to stand up from the gutter in Glooms-town, USA now.
I don't like the stench here.
Perhaps it's time to move.
And even though I don't have a cool silver vial hanging from my neck. I know we come with guidance.
Problem is...I'm visual.
And Guidance likes to hide.
And speaks very softly.
Guidance speaks in tales and lore and leads you to discover your own answers.
ReplyDeleteOh, Elena, I love this post!
ReplyDeleteGuidance - such an elusive thing. I've always thought guidance should speak to me in a loud voice, or at least through a burning bush! Neon signs would be nice, too! And once I while a slight kick in my behind to get me going in the right direction.
Alas, it's so much more subtle and I find that my guidance speaks to me most through how I feel. If I feel good, I'm on MY right path. If I don't feel good, it's usually time to change something, even if it's only my thinking. And often I don't pay attention to it and then I wallow for a while. But eventually, I get going again. And it sounds like so are you!!
Sending much love and a big hug! Silke
great analogy! and i so agree....guidance is a tricky thing, and many times likes to whisper......and since we don't have a handy dandy vial around our necks, sometimes all it takes is just removing the cotton from our ears..... xox, :))
ReplyDeletereporting from the weeds
ReplyDeleteunfortunately we do come with guidance
although its called baggage
we must undo some things first
understand some things
put things in proper perspective
then we guide ourselves
love suz
again lady you are to put one foot in front of the other, keep walking forward..no standing still or one can go stale...and be swallowed up by all that sucks you in and down... That has not been given to anyone to be their choosen path..You are a brave woman to see and be aware, first steps in all that we do.. is being aware..
ReplyDeletepeace babe~