But sometimes for me, the 'moment', is a dangerous place to be. Many years ago, the 'moment', had me living in seclusion behind closed doors for a month. Wouldn't talk to anyone or come out of the house. Not a good place to be. And that shames me into remembering what a coward I am. But then I started thinking that that moment didn't just prove my cowardliness but also the strength it took to pull myself out. I might even be tempted to say I'm far stronger than I give myself credit for. But it's a struggle to remember that.
~ ~ ~
The free fall
May not always be pretty
As I twist & turn & flail
And land in a crumpled heap
But I always manage to keep hold of one little 'feather'
Perhaps it represents 'Hope'?
Giving me the courage to climb back up
For yet another try
Perhaps that's the key
To always get up
~ ~ ~ ~
Thank you all for your kind wishes.
My sister is home recuperating nicely.
Mom-in-law is in hospital under observation but otherwise doing well. Huge hugs!
I have been away but had a chance to check on some pal in Blogland today. I am glad to know that your sister and your mom-in-law are recuperating okay. Sending prayers that way...
ReplyDeleteOne day when I was in dispair, someone I love said to me `You are stronger than you think you are.`Somehow, those words became a life preserver that I held onto when I was between drowning and floating.
I hope you find your sweet words to hold on to. You are stronger than you think you are, too. ;)
Hugs, Glorious One !
Good to hear family recuperating well! Life sounds a bit like skeleton woman coming up!
ReplyDeleteHello. Good that things are a bit better. Hugs Karen
ReplyDeleteHey Elena,
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up too much, there is always tomorrow to get started if you make that commitment to yourself to make the change.
All my best
Lisa D.