"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, March 5, 2010

Feeling Creative Friday - Child Self

 
I'm a perfectionist
To a fault
And in the quest of perfection
I become my worst enemy
Convinced it'll be all wrong
Before I even start
So today I let myself play
Reconnect with a lost kid
When I used to like coloring
And that little censor in my head screamed
Till it was blue in the face
And I just hummed a tune
And scribbled and scribbled
Even now it yells
How can you POST that!
and on and on and on 
And I say
I had fun
Sometimes you just gotta have fun

And I'm back to smiling again
La La Dee La La Da
~ ~ ~ ~

(Hee hee I swear one of these days I'll be committed if I keep saying I'm hearing voices)

11 comments:

  1. Oh AMEN to this!!! I have to smash my inner critic on a regular basis. I put on my Doc Marten Boots, or my Harley Boots first though.... ;)
    Perfection is a highly over-rated asset. Doing things WELL is good; trying to hit PERFECT will never let you enjoy life or accomplish real art that's within you.

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely!!! And I can tell just by looking at her that you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful! I LOVE IT!! i can so relate to that inner critic of perfection- darn that monster!! you have inspired me today! Giggle away! Thank you! oh- and...i hear them too. lol. being a bit daft is a good thing 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! forward is such a beautiful direction
    she is gorgeous
    vibrant
    and wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I wish I could draw like that!!! She is wonderful. Take a hike censor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. play on, sweet gal.....play on!!! your artwork is fabulous!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! Keep playing!! You know, I am a total perfectionist and my own worst critic. Except when it comes to my art - for some reason, when I make art, my inner critic is silenced. I don't know why, but I love it!! And you keep playing - your art is wonderful!!! Love, SIlke

    ReplyDelete
  8. ph no....you too ?
    you were born with that perfectionist gene that eats away at your insides and often causes unexplained heartburn....well, now I know for sure we'll get along with each other !!

    need a tums ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elena, see now there's a little of you in it too (this is a picture of yourself right?). Thanks for your words yesterday. But you know what,I'll bet you can do it too, just be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your getting a following lady...that's a good sign...look at your comments here...we love you!!! keep up the fun and playfullness...we are enjoying it...great do see drama like this!!! I'll take it any day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a wonderful piece, glad you finally kicked that censor out, now lock the door! Is it crayon? I've got a nice little set staring at me lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!