"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Retreat! Retreat!

I've always been amused by sandpipers
Who bravely chase the receding waves
Only to run back towards shore when the waves return the chase

And I've been making great strides lately
Expanding my horizons and making 'live' friends
Finding and attending workshops 
Speaking and interacting with the neighbors
Feeling brave as I chase these waves of expansion
And I bravely chose to expand my artistic endeavors

Until the wave turned
And when I overheard someone tell a neighbor that they had to see my artwork and jewelry
And that they wanted me to make them a bracelet
And could I paint something for their home
I turned and ran for shore

And hid my head in the sand

(Yep, big bad biker can't take compliments or potential work well)

I'm such a wus that this is the type of bike I should ride instead

12 comments:

  1. Oh Elena!!!! I am not laughing at your post (because I have been there, and even now, occasionally return!) but the comment on what type of bike you should ride!!!
    The photo is priceless!!!
    Look, we all go through the chase and run syndrome. I think that is part of being an artist. It's just taking the next step, biting the bullet and saying *YES*. (and frankly, every commission I get that is large...I am almost sick until it's done......big bad Anne...HA!)
    So whay type of bike DO you ride?

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....
    on the bike photo....

    you can do this !.....you can take those compliments and use them as fuel instead of an extinguisher and make beautiful things....YES YOU CAN !

    wait until you meet me....and kathy at VR....we are big with compliments and hugs and laughs....I hope you can stand us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you say thank you and then start going forward
    again! the water is nice...you'll see
    I am so happy for you my friend
    now own your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take those commissions and turn them into play. People are encouraging rather than censoring your ability

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ride that bike? It looks like fun! My inner child wants to play! Great way to end your post, my friend. I feel people are sensing your gifts and these signs from the Universe are really popping up now.Trust the process and open yourself up to it. No matter how many compliments I get on my art, I still cringe inside, doubting their words. Why would we dismiss what we love so much? We do deserve it, to feel the joy and passion. Makes no sense to spit on it otherwise. I am loving your progress, the courage you take with each step. Give yourself a big hug, I am across the miles.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I read Beth's comment about going to Valley Ridge and I was thinking, I am teaching there in September. Wouldn't it be great to meet you there??? Warmly, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, sometimes the journey is far scarier than we'd imagined when we blithely set off. Thanks for your comment today, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the bike photo is priceless! And you are beautiful!! As to the commissions, it's such a normal process. The first time I was asked to do a commission, I didn't feel qualified at all. I said I'd try it and she could see if she liked it. It worked out great! Have fun with it and if it isn't fun for you, feel free to say no or maybe later. No matter what you do, nothing is wrong. It's just your journey... Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you on the bike. Made me smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo! What is that cute little bike? And Elena, you are doing more and more every day! No "wus" - you are doing wonderful things. Just enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...and I love sandpipers! There's another bird that reminds me of them. Julie gets them by her house. Can't think of the name right now. Anyway, they have long skinny legs like that. The babies look like legs with a ping-pong ball on top. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. they nest in the ground. oh gosh...i'll think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!