"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mystic Monday - Energies


As a project manager I worked on lots of projects with lots of people. There were the never ending meetings with contractors, construction crews, furniture dealers, designers, and of course the customers. So you’d think being surrounded by so many, that I actually liked people. Funny thing is that there was only a handful that was worth the time. I learned fast that it’s not about quality but quantity – cutting corners and playing dirty. I learned to look closely to read the true nature behind the fancy suits, fake smiles and limp handshakes. And when I left that world I was determined not to be bothered with people any longer. I absorbed too much 'bad mojo' to last a lifetime.

I had an opportunity to walk through an art gallery Saturday where the director gave me the tour of the artist studios. I couldn’t help but smile as I breathed in the smell of paints and pencils. I could feel the energy permeating throughout the space and my senses seemed sharpened. I met one of the artists and her smile was infectious as she organized her new workspace. I took time to look at everyone’s work as I listened to each artist describe their piece via the I-pod tour. I felt energized – like I was buzzing.   

Then I walked through a spiritual shop that specialized in crystals and other types of stones. Again I could feel the energy of those that were in the shop with me. It was peaceful and the smiles were genuine. It was comforting as the smell of incense danced seductively around me. I felt immense gratitude.

As I drove home I wondered about the feelings I had. And it occurred to me that perhaps there is something to this thing called energy. How a space shared with others can exude the energy of those gathered together. Whether it’s positive or negative energy they do have an effect on those present.

I’ve felt this energy when we gather for group motorcycle rides and stop for lunch or at rest stops. Where it feels like nobody else exists around us because we still carry the thrill of the ride and share the details of what we’ve just been through. We are one unit when we’re on the road. Each of us relies on one another to ride to the best of our abilities for everyone’s safety. And we can't wait to get back on the road where again our senses are heightened.

And I thought of the energy I've pulled from the blogging world; from those that share their experiences. And it's fascinating that although we're not in the same room, that there is still a connection. That you can feel the support and commonality amongst this unique group.And that it can energize you just as much as if we were physically in the same space.

I realized then the importance of not shutting yourself out of the world. That although there are people and situations that can drain your energy by bringing you down that there is also situations that re-energize you. I suppose the key here is learning to protect yourself from absorbing the bad energies. Because although we do need each other for our growth, I just realized that I have a choice who I allow into my 'energy field'.

6 comments:

  1. I think there was something said from the good book about where ever there are two or more, there I go... as of when people gather together and it's of good energies you can experience a good orderly directive moment happening.. and don't want to offend anyone or sway thought but your God and or Higer power is present.. and you can't help but feel that.. well thank you for being aware and attentive you bring light to us all.
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "energy" may be the secret to understanding so many things that remain mysteries to us. I have no proof---just a gut feeling that there is a lot that we don't know about it yet. I always think about the energies that we know exist but can't see--like magnetic energy, electrical energy, wind energy, kinetic energy---we see the impact that these energies have but we can't SEE the energy. So why do we have so much trouble believing that there are other energies out there that we just don't understand at this point? It comforts me to know that there are people like you, Elena, who are open to the possibilities. If only more people were less closed off and more open to what might be!!! Sorry to ramble on here but you touched on something that fascinates me!! I think maybe we're not meant to understand it all---we're meant to go with our gut and TRUST it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. energy and visualization....two of my favorite things to live by !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the thing about receiving energy (especially from our blogging buddies) ...or .. a boost..or whatever we want to call it, is because the people who are like minded or have "same' interests, are usually the ones who end up commenting or offering gems or carrots..or whatever... whereas, those who see our blogs and don't find us or the blog of interest..just move on.
    Totally unlike in the real world...where we are sometimes obliged to be in a room or a job situation of mixed desires, needs and wants...
    You are right about finding energy or excitement in places where we also find things that interest us.... and it is exactly where we need to hang out ... with like minded folk.

    It's always been my beef with people who think that hanging out in bars might find them a partner...ahhahah....yep... you'll find one alright...but, probably not the one you would find if you hang out with people who enjoy similar sports, similar activities or interesting pastimes...

    I have learned that there is a huge difference between friends and acquaintances.... and after having to dump a few leeches and an albatross or two ..I'm pretty particular about who I let into my circle. Even as recent as a few years ago..I was still learning how much life and energy a negative or sour person can suck out of you. One more bit the dust.....

    Choices..... the perfect answer to going as far or as high as we want to go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I like albatross, watching them soar in the sunshine is so divine. But yes, we've probably had many wrong friends who we shake off eventually when we learn how they can cripple our intentions. And coworkers? Back stabbing and supervisors taking credit for those beneath them? However do they sleep at night? Besides with the boss I mean. Some of us hurt others, some of us get hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!