"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growing in Gratitude

I finally met another of my blogger friends at a local mandala class. Robin is another sweet soul and I'm glad to finally meet her. It was amusing when I walked in to pay and the woman asked if I was Robin's blind date. I said "I sure am!". But I have to admit I was thrilled when Robin said her husband used to be a musician long ago and decided to become an office professional instead. Lately he's been getting those little stirrings and I was so excited. Another soul has been tapped on the shoulder with the little reminder nudge. Now begins the internal fight but isn't it cool that another creative is being awakened?

And when I came home I found four messages on Facebook from long lost friends asking to meet to reconnect. There are all these friendship opportunities...I see them as friendship embers. All these little fires in the making to light my path.

The mandala class was very interesting. There was a presentation and then an opportunity to make your own. Unfortunately there wasn't that much time alloted to the creative part and I had to rush through the process to make it home in time to pick up my son. But I was impressed with two things; the "ritual" prior to starting the mandala and the fact that I completed something within 15 minutes or so. Before starting the instructor had us hold the pencils we were going to use in one hand and touch the paper with the other while she walked us through a meditation to bless the tools we were about to use. To help refocus your energies and thoughts so that the creativity could flow smoothly. Then using the templates and pencils you just sketched without thinking or allowing your analytical mind to get involved. Using a star template I was surprised later that my resultant shapes are arrows and not stars. Before I left the instructor said I should look at this sketch and see what it tells me. And all I get out of it is 'growth'. Then we passed our sketches around to each other and everyone had to add something to the area outside the circle. It was cool to see gratitude on there since it's what I've been feeling so much.

4 comments:

  1. I find the ritual interesting.
    My studio used to be strictly creative space---I got away from everything else in the world here. Now it has become a jumbled dumping ground of things *that need to go somewhere* and this never ending project that is sucking my soul dry.
    There is much to be said for holding a small area with your tools as SACRED. Nothing else interferring. Nothing else intruding.
    I do believe that the negative energy I myself have produced on this current work is what has been the catalyst for deciding after the next promised commission is done, that's it.
    Change.
    And getting this studio back to a healthy, happy energy level!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to tell you....your mandala is beautiful!! And the arrows are very interesting!! Sending you that message!! It was very different for me to do a mandala this way, without thinking. I can see that I've put a lot of "ego" into the ones I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great day....girl, you are growing!
    seriously, you really are !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved hearing about your mandala experience!! keep growing strong, gal.....keep growing strong!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!