"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear Great Spirit


Great Spirit,

I've been meaning to say thank you. 

I bet You were worried when You saw me going through the first half of my life asleep. Hanging around with the other sleepers trying to find ways to quiet that little voice that insisted there had to be more to life. The sleepers and I mumbled and grumbled as we vainly tried to hang on as life tossed us about. 

I almost shriveled up and died.

But You know that already.

How did I ignore all those signs You sent? Well I suppose it's pretty easy when your eyes are closed, huh? Ironic then that my eyes fluttered open when You took my dad home.

I can see now. Really see. It's not what's on the surface is it? That exterior is protecting the real treasure. That seed within each of us that is waiting to bloom forth.

So Thank You. For opening my eyes. For the guardians who walk by my side. And for sending me the like-minded people. Thank you! Thank you!

Now can you help me wake the others?

Sincerely,       Elena

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Elena..inspiring and magical..shine on!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let them sleep Elena, they will wake when the time is right for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Elena, it does sometimes take a major event which acts as a catalyst to waken people up. Just be the "soft, beautiful early morning light" and they´ll find you when they start to waken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree----things wake when it is time; when you are ready, more will come to you.
    It is learning along the way too, not rushing. (which we are so prone to....)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best way to awake some one is to be awake inside yourself, your action will be the thing that helps them awake..words don't have that power upon the sleepy ones..only action..they see what you have awakened and if that path is for them too they will awake if not..don't let them hold you back..selfish or is it self love...I choice to think of it as self love.. enjoying great posts. something is stirring inside and it's great mixture lady..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most lovely prayer of thanksgiving. Ahead of schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful letter to the Great Spirit, Miss Elena.
    I am thinking that it isn't our job to help wake the others though, just to keep ourselves awakened to the light. This crazy world makes it easy to get sleep again...
    Happy Thankfulness Thursday !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!