"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, October 29, 2010

Journal: I AM

Sharing another journal page.
I don't know if this one is done yet...but it is for now.
Inspired by my spiritual mentor, John.
Who suggests the antidote for negative self-talk
(like I'm not an artist, I'm not good at anything, I'm not...)
is to say two little words
I AM
With the emphasis on 'AM '
And it works. 
I feel like a rebellious four year old when I'm saying it
And I like rebellion.
~ ~ ~ ~

I AM
I AM anything I want to be
I AM the water, the sun, the wind, the earth
I AM...because I allow myself to be

 ~ ~ ~
The words "I am" are potent words;
be careful what you hitch them to.  
The thing you're claiming 
has a way of reaching back and claiming you.  
~A.L. Kitselman
~ ~ ~ ~
 (hand is a magazine cutout, also includes torn dictionary page and rusted tin heart)

11 comments:

  1. You sure AM an artist. Your journal pages are looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Elena..gorgeous work! Shine on!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal page, lovely message. John is Da Man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journal with it´s inspiring colors and images. Great work in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! You are really rolling along in that journal!! So inspiring! I think today is the day I find out if I can make art with just one hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love it!!!!
    Only you can say when it is done, but it stands well now---not that it would not be good also with other additions.
    Give it time to simmer.
    Beautiful!!!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sooo sweet! Thanks for the support and love <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the page and the inspiration. Powerful stuff, this rebelliousness of yours and John's !
    Hope you have a great BEING weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Living it and loveing it lady...good to see the color reflecting from your outside world.. Oranges are a sign for balance I heard..
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM too! Thanks for upbringing thoughts today and great journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Elena, so nice!! Great journal pages! Barb reminded me to look at your blog again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!