As we drove in the car yesterday my son asked "Where are we going?"
"That way" I said as I pointed forward.
"What's there?" he asked
"Don't worry about it" I said
continuing the drive.
continuing the drive.
"When will we get there?" he insisted.
"When I stop the car."
We ended up at the nearest state park. Taking Sparky on her first hiking trip. Jazz leading the way like an old pro. My son enjoyed the trip as we spoke of anything that came to mind. I told him if he's ever feeling restless to head for the woods.
Nature will soothe you. You'll find peace.
Nature will soothe you. You'll find peace.
I've become a bit impatient with myself. And please PLEASE forgive me if this sounds egotistical because it truly isn't meant to be. I feel like I am capable of doing something greater but it's stuck in there somewhere. Like an old movie I saw where the main character is in a cave digging for gold and can't find any. As he throws his pick on the floor and walks away the camera zooms out to show that a gold filled chamber is just on the other side of the wall he had been working on. A few more inches and he would have discovered his treasure if he hadn't given up. And as a viewer you want to scream NO! NO! KEEP DIGGING!
And I can't help but wonder what exactly is causing the obstruction. Then it occurs to me, I'm like my son. I want to know "Where am I going?" "What's there?" and "When will I get there?" So I suppose I am the obstruction. And just need to pick up where I left off.
I suppose the Great Spirit and my Angels are telling me not to worry about it and go that way. Tee hee I sure am a pain in the ass. I wonder if they really would hit me with a bolt of lightning like in the cartoons.


Yes just keep going....you may be a lot closer than you think :D
ReplyDeleteAlways on the verge of something greater but never quite hitting the vein of gold? Remember it is the journey, no matter where you dig your gold will be waiting for you....Maybe, just now, your meant to be where you are, understanding more as you dig?
ReplyDeleteYes! That's it! Like riding several hours on the motorcycle through the desert. And everything starts to look the same and you can't wait till you reach the destination. Perhaps I'm just in 'desert mode' right now.
ReplyDeletebolts of lightening are rare...but all we know for sure is today. Keep digging, but don't forget to check your shovel fulls for treasure too. ;)
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I am philosophical this evening...
Have a good one, Elena !
I have a lot of catching up to do since I was away! Who's "Sparky"? Love that pumpkin below! Hysterical!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure the angels have huge resources of patience dealing with all our silly nuances and yet still catching us when we fall.
ReplyDelete