"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fear

Fear is quite interesting. 
Having the ability to both immobilize and propel you into action. 
Fear can tie you down to an outdated mode of thinking. 
Fear can entangle itself around you and weigh you down 
ensuring you do not move forward. 
Fear can fester and manifest into horrible creatures
that live in the recesses of your mind. 

The key is to recognize when fear is trying to ensnare you 
and use it accordingly.
Thus all the energy that was being used to feed 'fear'
is now redirected to move you forward



My son confronted his fear
and tried out for Jazz
at this point we don't care whether he made it or not
Because now he knows that the world didn't implode
The instructor didn't bite his head off
Nor did he die of fright
He survived
He confronted his fear
And he's all smiles once again
And I learned that I don't care how much he hates me
And that I won't sit idly back
watching him create monsters in his head
Yep, the teen years are going to be
mighty interesting

9 comments:

  1. Excellent post and an excellent result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on fear! Love the idea to take the fear energy and fling it forward! Think I'll come up w/a visual for that and use it as a meditation tool.
    So glad your son faced his fear! You're an awesome mom Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mom???!!! HA!! Nowhere close. Plus he would tell you how bad I am and how all the other moms are so much cooler. I say I don't mind since he doesn't have to actually like me. I have a job to do in raising him and I'm doing it if it kills him. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wait till he has his first broken heart

    All that is important in all we do as parents is that it is done in love
    we can't and shouldn't try to fix everything..hard as it is to see them suffer...but a person will remember all through his or life that they were loved.....
    and that stays with them forever
    Good job Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fear lesson, it's a great place to build off of. Strange there are controlling people around who attempt to instill fear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha Read your response there Elena......Cade tells me I'm mean when I dont let him have what he wants... I just tell him 'that means I'm doing my job properly then' Looks like you're doing yours properly too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe fear is a powerful teacher...it wakes us up and says look, listen, what's happening now...and then when you break it down you can see what is really present and be with that, love it, encourage it, gently and generously urge it out of hiding and bring light into the situation...always remembering that fear is an integral part of courage. I think too, like in your example with your son, it is important to recognize that even when we are faced with a fear that in the moment appears to be the biggest, scariest one of all...we can dive back into our bodies and remember feeling the very same way at some other point in our lives...our cell memories say...hey...we've been here before...and you know what??? we/I got to the other side...and I'm ok...I will get through this new fear too...my past has taught me that. I can do this. I will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. said the wise one....When you face your fear...you find out it was only paper thin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!