"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gratitude (or feeling mushy)

So I'm on the 5th day of a darned cold that won't go away. 
So I'll try to keep it short today.
 ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm grateful to have lived where the sounds of gunfire and shouting
Are as commonplace as mosquitoes on a summer night

I am grateful that to look up at the sky and see one star
Was like finding money in an old coat pocket

I am grateful that there was so much noise and congestion
That I often wanted to shout for my space

But I am most grateful that I have been given the chance
To live two lifetimes in one
Where I now know that silence has a sound

And I know that the cornfield heated by the sun has a most glorious smell
Where I can look up and see thousands of stars

And I can go on and on (but I'm too stuffy...)

So I'll just say that I'm grateful to have experienced both
Because it just makes the second oh so much sweeter

10 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed your work. Thank you I look forward to following your thoughts and photos.

    Namaste, my sister, shutterbug love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most eloquent and very thought provoking, and get rid of that cold ASAP, dear blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Elena, understanding that we can only know something properly through know it´s opposite, no matter how painful, well that is something isn´t it? Only through this process do we truly gain appreciation and balance. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An attitude of gratitude will take you so far, my Lovely Elena.

    Perfectly mushy for me. ;)
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Kim's comment, "an attitude of gratitude" I'll have to remember that. I'm glad you have that attitude, Elena. I believe I do also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh! They've taken down my corn already! I love it's fall rustling and to watch the whirlwinds take up a dried sheath and toss it about! Heal well, I'm fighting a voracious cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon lady...chicken soup thoughts sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Elena, thank you for sharing your gratitude, a piece of your story with us here.

    gentle steps ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thoughts; beautiful attitude. ...and beautiful web.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!