"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, October 15, 2010

The web

Thank you all for the beautiful comments to my previous post. I'm happy to say my voice is back but the cold lingers. I'm feeling a bit dizzy but I think perhaps that is my natural state (hee hee).  Now don't misinterpret this post as being negative...because it's not. Just the musings of a tired and coughy brain.

I was thinking how life is like walking a tightrope
Where you have to be constantly alert
Knowing what step to take
Or when to stand still
Knowing when to lean a bit to the left 
Or a bit to the right

But then I started thinking it's not a tightrope at all
It's more of a web
Walking a path that may seem fragile
But in reality is as strong as an iron beam
Where each path we take interconnects with the next
No path is a wasted journey
And sometimes we need to revisit a lesson we failed to learn
But only serves to make us stronger

That sometimes our web is entwined
With perfect little paths
And often...not

And I thought that perhaps
At the end of the great journey
That's when we look back and admire
The beauty of the web we wove


No wonder I love spider webs!
Sorry if you've already seen this photo from last year
 I just love it so
(you'll probably see more)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful thoughts to keep in mind. Oh yes, and again love that web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiling~ and good to hear your on the mend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exquisite photo of a spider web! I love them (not the spiders!) and don't have them about to shoot like I used to, for whatever reason. This is exceptional exposure and a great dark B.G. that shows it off.
    This morning I am fighting allergies---and I am *hoping* it is not a headcold. I have had enough of the winter bugs already..... ;)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. You most certainly are a very deep thinker <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your way of thinking! I shall never look at a spider's web the same way again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!