Tune up: A general adjustment to insure operation at peak efficiency
Tune ups are vital to keep your equipment running in tip top shape. If you operate any equipment regularly, car, mower, motorcycle, you can almost always tell when it's time for a tune up. It's operation seems a bit off kilter, not quite the norm. But did you know that humans sometimes need a tune up too? Or perhaps it's just me? I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately. Like the world is tipped in a different angle of sorts. And my thinking is creating little tornadoes that render me rather useless as I run and hide from the supposed doom and gloom pictures being painted in my head.
And instead of ignoring these 'warning signs' like I used to, I decided to pout here yesterday. What I didn't expect were all the supportive comments. All the 'emotional mechanics' that came to my rescue and worked to bring me back to level ground. I was extremely touched. Even receiving a personal note from Anne who so eloquently explained what 'in progress' means to an artist.
Armed with camera, Jazz, and a pocket full of rocks that Kim sent me, I went exploring. I'm happy to report that I have now checked off item #9 from my birthday list.
I found this wonderful little state park. Not very far from home. And I started pulling rocks out of my pockets and finding wonderful little places to leave them. Getting excited as I imagined what the person who found them would think.Would they be led to this little park and find my rock at just the right moment? Would it answer a specific question for them?
And I found a little man made waterfall.
And I found a little man made waterfall.
And working my way toward the top before the water falls, I tossed in the rock marked "Like Attracts Like". I figured just this once I would be selfish. Nobody could reach it easily. And as the water flows freely over this rock, I hope that my creative thoughts find their own unencumbered flow.
And after climbing back down I realized a robin was watching my movements. He chattered away as I told him that no it wasn't food and perhaps he could carry my wish towards the heavens. He eyed me one more time before leaning over to take a drink of water instead.
(Can you see him in the top left corner?)
Before we left I found one more rock in my pocket and figured I'd make it easy to find.
I found one more place. A special area next to the river below an overpass. I'll share those pictures another time. But I do want to say thank you for the tune-up. You did a marvelous job. Having rebalanced myself after reading your comments made it easy for me to find my message. That, and it was too big for me to miss.
And the cool thing, it was written in chalk.
And the boaters who were busy trying to figure out how to get in the water hadn't noticed.
Until they turned to see what I was taking pictures of.
And I saw them smile.
So the message was shared with others.
And now I'm sharing it with you.







A good day..... :)
ReplyDeleteXXOO!!
Anne
P.S. Good days are the best we get! Don't let anyone kid you! Good days are gold in the heart.
Wonderful! Glad you found that trail!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Glad it was a GOOD day. We all need those. Enjoy your week, do something different like call someone up and say....
ReplyDelete"Are you the lady who does the wash?"....and when they answer "NO!"
You say, "Why you dirty little thing you!"
Tee Hee.
Isn't blogging wonderful? All that support!! I love it!! And I love the inspiration I get when I come visit you. I plan to have a GOOD day today!! Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteSome more proof that we are all in this together. I love your rocking trail and your walking tales. You do good tune ups, Miss Elena !
ReplyDelete