"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Am I?

What's harder? 

To go to work and be told what to do or to get up and tell yourself what to do?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was thinking. When I was younger I wanted to be a cashier (2nd grade), an astronaut, write kid's mystery books, a cowboy, an artist, a ranger, join the Marines, become a cop and join the FBI. So what happened?

Outgrew the cashier dreams, learned I was claustrophobic, figured I wasn't a writer, love horses but leery of them (some cowboy), not creative enough to be an artist, ranger dreams died, couldn't join the Marines and leave Mom alone with Dad, lost faith in cops really truly helping people because each time I asked for help they said they couldn't do anything. So much for joining the FBI.

And here I am wondering what's next. What am I passionate about? A book I'm reading suggested listing my positive traits. Well, hmmmm, I don't know. So it suggested I ask the people that know me what my dominant positive traits are. And seeing as how I only open up to you all, I'm wondering if you could help me.

What would you say are my positive traits? Apparently these serve as little hints on what I'm best suited for. Hmmmm.....so now I sound like I'm begging for encouragement. But really I'm not. I'm just looking for cheating shortcuts.

7 comments:

  1. You have a flare for writing. It always flows nicely. And you have a lot of inspiring quotes on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What to I see...hmmmm a really strong family connection, you like a good challenge, lets say you stand up to the task. Your a very strong woman, you have a very loveing and caring feeling for life and the people you have with you through that. Your passion is learning more from life and what she has to offer you. Your a quick learner. and Like the normanic side to you the one that wants to rome... well heck I just know you for class and a few time face to face and what we share on line..Lady I think your awesome...I remember I needed to ask some artist friends to write up a letter of my past work experiences and I felt really odd doing it but it was good to see all the qualities that stand strong...good thing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a woman who has many talents, but will not accept that fact because if you did, life would change and wonderful things would happen!
    (and yes, we all have stood at that crossroads and asked the same question with the same answer, or I would not write it)
    *Artist* encompasses much more than doing a painting you know..... :)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you live life and live it to the best of your ability, you are an artist. Life is an art.
    Art and the being of it come in many many forms.
    I think you should reconsider the writer part.
    Have a great weekend, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always question things and stir up thought provoking discussions. You are super honest. You are a great artist in so many mediums. You are a searcher. Your writing is outstanding and each post is a complete little story. You are very supportive of others (like me) and make me feel very special. You have a very caring heart. You are psychic and very intuitive. I so think it's cool that you ride a motorcycle, that seems so adventurous and independent to me. There is much more I could write but I'll just say the best thing I like about you is that you are in my life.
    xxxxxxooooooxxxxx
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think you're a great listener !
    does that help at all ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art you had shown us is really great. But your enthusiasm in writing is very enjoyable. I think you could join Bev's writing group or find one closer to home. But do stay with us on our journey, it wouldn't be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!