"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Note

My cool friend Beth told me about the Notes from the Universe site which provides fun daily inspirations. This morning I received this one:

 "You're not in time and space to graduate into higher realms of existence, Elena; you're here because long, long ago, you already did. And back then you could think of no celebration greater than being with good friends, falling in love, on cool adventures, facing great challenges, and possessing total amnesia... lest it all seem too easy. Well done. Very well done. Ungawa,....The Universe"

And it struck me as funny. Because when I started to read it I was feeling that strange pressure of 'gotta do this gotta do that' and already feeling the frown lines develop from whatever self-imposed drama my head was creating at the moment. Then I read the 'note' and smiled. Because not too long ago I had come to the conclusion that I was pretty darned lucky to be here in the first place. I could have been a rock or tree or stick insect but nope, I was born a human. Perhaps there were others waiting to be born - but I won the draw. I picked the lucky number.

Now how cool is that? Sure, things seem hard sometimes. I may wander around lost half the time. But I'm still pretty damned lucky. I have freedom, family, health, (blogger) friends. I get to see and experience life. And how I experience it is my choice. I can hide or be a part of it. My perception of what ails me has a direct impact on how I will be effected by what happens around me.  I can choose to react to something dramatically, or just handle it as it comes. Ever notice how hard it is to stay in a bad mood if you break out into song or a great big hearty laugh?

So perhaps today's note was a little reminder that
'hey, be happy' - I am alive afterall. 
And if not for me,
then enjoy for all those others 
who are still waiting for their chance 
to come down that great stairwell from the sky.

So, are you 'living - really living' today?
Smile
Laugh
Sing
Dance
And for pete's sake...LIVE

7 comments:

  1. awww shucks....me, cool ?.....hee hee

    and i love love love...did i mention love the universe notes !

    and yes, you are very lucky !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice!!! WHY does it seem that I need to be reminded of these things 12 times a day?? Why do I get off track so easily?? Your previous post made me think that I lack structure--everyday there are too many choices and too little routine. Need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES I was really living today!!!! I need to do it more everyday though, even if just for 10 minutes a day. I need to make it a habit. I love being out doors. I braved the cold and sat on my tree having a cuppa and taking some photos of
    its huge branches. Then I walked around the property taking more pics and watching the finches playing and singing in the bushes around our home. There were at least 50 of them...so very tiny...AND I discovered a fairy ring in my own backyard. Very magickal afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually during the spring or summer (but it is Winter here) a circle of stimulated grass or toadstools can appear in lawns. These are turf abnormalities called fairy rings.
    It was said fairies sat on the mushrooms in the circle formation whilst singing and dancing inside the ring. There are a few different types of ring...some with and some without the toadstools. None in the one I found. Looks like a little crop circle but I like the thought of a fairy ring better :D I asked my husband if he had sat a drum or tyre or ANYTHING at all where it was but no he hadn't. Dont know how it got there but I can just imagine the fairies were there a few nights back celebrating the full moon and lunar eclipse in the wee hours of the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw shucks! I got the same note. For a while there, I thought I was the only one in the universe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the *secret* of it all.....push aside the expectations imposed upon each of us by society, and live in the moment, completely.
    At the end of the day, it is the little charming moments you remember.... :)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna try to live in the moment a little harder today. And maybe I'll find one of those fairy rings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!