Now I'm sure you've heard the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley cup. Last one was before I was born. That's a long long time. And I didn't watch any games because I didn't want to be the kiss of death. I hadn't watched in the beginning and couldn't jump on the bandwagon last minute. I refused to be the one who brought them down. But when I heard they tied I stayed in the other room pretending to work on a puzzle. I took a tiny peek just in time to see the winning goal. To see the "kid's" excitement as he held his arms in the air and skated towards his team mates. And all before anyone realized they had actually...won. But he knew. He felt it. Said he heard it connect. Perhaps he heard his "plop"?
Then came the moment each player got to hold the Stanley Cup up high in the air. The look of pure passion and excitement was surreal. And there it is. Passion. That one tiny thing that fuels you until you accomplish your desire. When everyone else is ready to walk away, lose hope or interest. If you have passion, there is little you cannot accomplish. And that connection, that deliciously personal moment, makes it all worth it in the end.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So what are you passionate about?
Alas....I am in mourning as I was cheering for the Flyers, and knew when it tied at the end of the game that the Hawks (younger and faster) would win. (Congratulations.....sniff....blubber..!!)
ReplyDeleteSo I headed for bed, rested and read a wonderful comparitive theology book, and in one of those AH-HA moments, some soul-searching questions had been answered by the very next page in the text. I had stopped right before the part I needed to read most! It was there for me last night, and put me to sleep totally at peace.
Spending the rest of the day resting---funeral tomorrow a.m. and I am exhausted already.
Have a good one!
XXOO!!
Anne
Hi! Thanks so much for visiting yesterday and for your comment!!! :))
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for the Hawks fans and the big win that will spread through the city and beyond but I most happy to hear that you allowed yourself the whim of the purchases and it was a wonderful please that helped you revisit a childhood memory that wasn't anything to be afraid to revisit...lets say the joy was still felt strongly. good for you. was that on the list???? you should put it on and check it off. hugs lady
ReplyDelete