So I read that if you are searching for your life purpose you could close your eyes and envision walking down a road. At the end of the road you meet a person holding a box. You open the box and inside will be something symbolizing your purpose.
I tried it as I started falling asleep. First the road became dark hallways so I retraced my step. Then I found the box but it kept morphing from cigar box to plain wood box to box with wrought iron embellishments. By then I figured I was controlling the output so I opened my sleepy eyes and tried again. Made it to the box again and must have fallen asleep because I remember bits and pieces of dreams then.
I was part of many mannequins who closely resembled humans. And we were playing some type of game as we discussed where we'd end up. Next to our game were humans made up of primarily cowboys and I remember thinking how much I wish I could be one of them. The dream morphed in and out as I awakened to the storm. I got up to grab a flashlight in case the power went out. Not wanting to lay awake at 3 a.m. I figured I'd try the box again. So I did and again must have fallen asleep because I picked up on the mannequin dream again. Although this time I was standing in the streets of NY noticing that the mannequins were walking among the humans and the humans didn't know it. They were in the media, in Hollywood, everywhere. Hee,hee...I bet it was Paris Hilton.
And nope I didn't watch anything on tv last night. Must have been my guilt for not starting the exercise on the Fluffy Exterior blog. Hee, hee!
So whatta ya think? Should I try the box again? It's a good way to fall asleep....but then again. I don't think I want to have the mannequin dream anymore.
Oh crap!! Please tell me this has nothing to do with my life purpose! HA!!
i'm not sure i want to take that walk....box or no box :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Maybe you're supposed to be a fashion designer!!!
ReplyDeletePossible those mannequins represent your current thought about weight loss and body goals? Maybe you were being too hard on yourself for being human and messing up your start date and the dream was to show you that no one really wants to be that thin and mannequin looking 'cuz it's creepy :)
Just a few thoughts.
Wow nacherluver I totally love your interpretation! That's it I bet. Makes total sense since the mannequins all looked like most of Hollywood's skinny-minnys.
ReplyDeleteMaybe your in the box
ReplyDeletefour walls
push push push
out...past your comfort zone
reimaging your life is hard stuff
takes guts to say yes..that is what I want..really
..reporting from the weeds-suz
Mannequins can represent the people who do not follow their true self. They walk amongst us, hollow smiles, nothing authentic. We can choose to be that waxy exterior (that blends in) or the freedom of the cowboy, who seeks his own destiny and makes his own life choices.
ReplyDeleteGo for the box.
There are good things there.
XXOO!!
Anne
I think those are some powerful symbols you have been given - not to be afraid of, more to ponder. Write them down, make art about them, and see what comes. Know that the Universe and your own spirit want what is best for you...keep walking, Beautiful Brave One ! ;)
ReplyDelete(hmmm...I could be saying these words to my very own self too !)
Cheers !
I think you need to have that dream awake. Imagine by writing a story and see where that takes you. Somehow the searching you were doing kept getting upstarted by fears. Do it awake in the sunshine.
ReplyDelete