I had a wonderful time this weekend with my mom spending the night and then my sister. Two completely different experiences with one spent gardening and the other shopping and playing games. And once they were gone I had a chance to watch The Golden Compass with my son.
And I latched on to these words spoken in the beginning: "...Worlds like yours, where people's souls live inside their bodies, and worlds like mine, where they walk beside us, as animal spirits we call daemons." Throughout the movie every person had an animal spirit (daemon) walking beside them. The animal being the manifestation of the person's soul. And by looking at an adult's daemon you got a pretty good sense of what that person was like. There was a strong relationship between a person and his/her daemon; a solid bond with the daemon providing guidance and protection.
Of course this started my mental wheels turning. Would it be easier to trust in my spirit, my soul's wisdom, if I could see it? If my daemon, my soul's manifestation, walked beside me would I be more apt to follow its guidance? Yes, I would. Because I could see it and have a give-and-take conversation with it. So the only thing keeping me from trusting in this partnership is the fact that I can't see it? Because that would be rather shallow of me to believe it doesn't exist because I can't see it. I believe in air and gas and can't see them.
And after seeing the different animal manifestations, I wonder what mine would be?
Well, if you need to see it to feel it and believe in it... you could always imagine it in your head...like the guy with the rabbit... who was it? Harvey??...
ReplyDeleteJust remember not to have all of your conversations out loud.... cuz then people will just think you're totally nuts!.. Although, having said that ....I find that the older I become...the more I talk to myself... or the bananas or cucumbers in the produce department, or the nuts and bolts in the hardware store...or anybody going up and down aisles.... some of them do begin to look a bit worried..... oh, well...... so what?......
I wonder what my daemon would be too...... must think on that...
Hmmm, what work did you find with totems? I believe the daemon to be a bit more like a shaman with changing creatures as we need to learn new lessons. Maybe I ought to see the movie.
ReplyDelete