All this and I never even had to open my mouth.
And as I scanned the weather I noticed a little blurb at the bottom of the screen which said a 10 yr old boy was the sole survivor of the plane crash yesterday. 1 out of 104. Why? And I felt an intense curiosity and soon discovered that there have been 8 other kids surviving plane crashes over the years. How is that possible? And I thought how amazing. What is in their life plan that was so important that they were the only ones to walk away. What becomes of them? Do they realize how special they are? Do they realize the precious gift of life? And the 'voice' in my head chimed in "yeah, Elena, life is precious...do you realize how lucky you are to be alive" (does that voice know it's creeping me out)
And of course that started me thinking. What if our souls hang out together waiting for a chance to come here to experience specific lessons. Is it like a lottery draw? Did I pull the winning ticket that allowed me a chance to be born into this world for a chance to grow spiritually? Is that why babies and little kids still have that sense of happiness and awe as they look at the world? Because they won the chance to be here? Do they still have some residual sense of where they came from since they haven't been tainted by the ways of the physical world? And so that comment in my head makes sense "do you realize how lucky you are to be alive".
And those survivors. It would be amazing to see what they do with their lives. Even if it's just that their survival inspires an engineer to study why they survived and if it could be duplicated to enhance plane safety. So instead of whining I should be cheering. I'm alive. And perhaps there are millions of souls waiting for their chance all looking upon me and rooting me on to experience life. I don't have to waste time doing things I don't enjoy. I don't have to waste time worrying that I'm not good. With a little practice I can be. I can do anything. I chose the winning ticket to life, didn't I?
So bloggers, make the most of this precious gift of life.

what a wonderfully written piece of art
ReplyDeleteHi Elena..Rock on..Shine on! Voices are good..keep chattering away with them..it is magic!! Beautiful post!!well said! Yay...celebrate!
ReplyDeleteKiki~
You look so good lady!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! It's amazing what kids teach us about ourselves.
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing about that little boy. News said they thought the parents probably joined together and sheltered him which could have deflected some of the blow. But still, come on!!! It's a friggin' miracle and I know he lives on for a reason! I wonder what he will do with his life? Or is the miracle in part simply to allow us all to see how fleeting life is. How lucky we are. How one life can make a difference.
Wonderful post here, Elena. You always get me to thinking. And I love your curious personality. So much the way I am. About the little boy and those who survive. And I wonder too about their purpose in life.What their evolution will be like? It would be a great study. Yes, I believe we as souls are here for a reason. You, me, all of us. And I believe that voice you are hearing is your soul. So keep listening, it's a good thing. Saying some wise things for sure.
ReplyDeleteYou look great on your bike by the way. Really buff. Can girls be buff? Everytime a motorcycle roars down U.S., I wonder if it's you!
Hugs.
Bev
What a great post! So much to digest... you are phenomenal at opening up minds that are blinded by clutter! Seems a talent to be paid for.
ReplyDelete