I have grown by tremendous leaps and bounds
Since that very first post
Who knew I would learn so much just by 'spilling my guts'
Who knew I would learn so much just by 'spilling my guts'
I used to say "I hate people"
And now
"Can you believe there are people who understand me?"
"I love those people"
and I thank God everyday
for the wisdom of my virtual friends
for those I have had the good fortune of meeting in person
and those yet to meet
Thank you for listening to my rantings
For sticking around even when I'm sure I made you wonder
And I wasn't sure how to celebrate
The one year anniversary of my blog
And so I'll try this little giveaway
As a way to say thanks
You could win either:
Proficient Motorcycling by David L. Hough
Creative Awakenings by Sheri Gaynor
Creative Awakenings by Sheri Gaynor
Because I love even numbers
I'll use a random selector to choose two winners
And since I never follow any rules
I'll just ask these few things:
I'd like you to be a follower (new or old)
Perhaps you could share me with someone (since I like people now)
Perhaps you could share me with someone (since I like people now)
Post a comment before day's end May 19 saying what makes you happy
Let me know which book you prefer
Thanks everyone for being you
And pushing, pulling, rolling me along my path

YOU are wonderful!! Happy blogging anniversary!! Of course, I follow your blog and please count me in with the giveaway. If the gift were for me, I'd choose the creative awakenings book, simply because I don't have a motorcycle. You know, I always appreciate your insights and your perspective - you have enriched my life!! And that makes me happy!! Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteOh Elena...lucky was the day joining The AW and meeting you. Then to have met you in person...you are beautiful and soft spoken and your spirit floats about everything in your home. Yes you have had many insights this year..I hope I was able to shine a bit of light for you...I know you hated me sometimes...but hey...if I only told you what you wanted to hear...what kind of friend would that be? I don't need a book...I just need you to keep being you...have enjoyed your blog all year...and to tell the truth..when I am silent...I am saying something..did you know that...-bet you thought I wasn't reading..wrong...I was learning to keep my mouth shut...thanks and Happpy Blogging Anniverary
ReplyDeleteand I am still right (naturally) you are a writer......oh the resistance
congrats on your anniversary....
ReplyDeleteand wait.....you used to hate people ?.......NO WAY !
i'm exempt from the drawing.....just because, okay ?
but i will send you a hug and cupcake with a candle on it to celebrate :)
Yes yes!!! I just put up a mini-post about your give-away and blog, with hotlinks, of course! So enter me Chica!!! (you know....that did NOT sound right...oh well, comic value...)
ReplyDeleteI am glad that the blog world has been as good to you as it has to me!
XXOO!!
Anne
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog.....big congrats on your anniversary, I understand it really is a big deal, to open up to the world what your doing and thinking about.....to strangers~> I only just started blogging a few months ago I hope it opens my heart as beautifully as it did yours
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteOur friend, Anne, sent me over here ... and I will now be a follower, too.
Check out my blog if you'd like ... not a regular as I should be at posting... I'd rather be painting.
If the lucky numbers fall on my name, I would select Creative Awakenings by Sheri Gaynor.
Good luck with year #2~~~~
Hmmm. Still working on what makes me happy? Oh yeh, seeing my kids. All my blogger friends are already following you and enjoying your rantings and recognitions. Wild how fast the year has flown.
ReplyDeleteHi, Anne sent me over and her recommendation is good enough for me! I signed up to follow, sorry I haven't been by before but better late than never. It looks like an interesting blog. Happy Anniversary! I'm a short term blogger myself and it is more fun than I expected. Please put me in the hat for your giveaway. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on one year and liking people.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in the draw. You are Anne approved so you must be worthy!!
I love meeting other kindred spirits in this journey! That makes me happy.
Blessings all over you!
Congrats on your one year anniversary. I bid you peace. Sure I will follow you, but can you follow me?:) I don't wish to be entered in the giveaway, just visiting. I come via Anne's blog. Okay you will see my face on here in just a few moments. Take care and enjoy your next year blogging.
ReplyDeletehello. i follow anne's instructions. :)
ReplyDeletei like the fact that you are now in love with people who deserve to be in love with!
i am not always a reliable blog friend so i will leave it up to you whether to enter me in this fab drawing or not. i am, however, willing to get into trouble as much and as often as anne is.
surely that counts for something!
with love
kj
Hi Elena,
ReplyDeleteGosh, I can't believe you started a blog when you didn't like people-blogging is all about sharing and caring with others.
Well, I'm soooo glad you did and your enjoying the journey with fellow bloggers now!
It makes me wonder what you did before blogging?
Feel free to check me out or email me.
Hugs,
Anna
Oh Crap, I forgot to put what makes me happy! I don't do well with instructions...LOL!
ReplyDeleteOkay, seeing these folks come and leave nice comments--THAT makes me happy!
XXOO!!
THE QUEEN BEE......Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....!!!!
Happy One Year Anniversary to you, my friend. You are a wonderful spirit and soul and write from the heart. A like-mind has come into my life and that makes me happy!!! You bring light and love to those you touch....Here's to many more years sharing yourself......
ReplyDeleteI was blessed today to connect with you in person. You make me laugh and your studio and all its art creations (and the glass bead medium) made me want to stay there forever. You make a difference. Believe....
ART!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary :)
Congratulations on your one year anniversary!! You have come soooooooo far! I love reading about your journey because, in many ways, your journey is my journey!! And you express it all so eloquently!!
ReplyDeleteWhat makes me happy?? New art supplies, laughing with my son, blue skies, sunny days, loud thunderstorms, crashing waves, the dunes, spring flowers, fall's changing colors, driving down unexplored roads, eating out, walks in the woods, reading good murder mysteries, the smell of freshly cut grass, looking at old family photos, baking cookies....the list goes on and on!!!
Hi Serena. I just wanted to say that "LinkWithin" on my blog I found through another blogger. You just click where it says "linkwithin" and it will take you to the page where you can add it to your blog if you so desire. Thx for stopping by and visiting. I need to backtrack on your blog this evening sometime. Take care.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! My 6 beautiful kids and loving hubby make me happy! And reading posts on blogger ;) I've become quite an addict
ReplyDeletehappiness is living in the moment including my loving family and my passion for art...Art Saves Lives! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
ReplyDeleteLoL...I already forgot the rules!
ReplyDeleteWell I like both books
I'm already following you
Not sure I know what makes Lisa happy
Have a good day Elena : )
Lisa D.
congratulations on your blog-iversary!! thanks for sharing your life thoughts and observations.....it makes me happy to know you're out here and willing to share your heart with us! and thanks for offering such wonderful books....i'd love to read creative awakenings! :))
ReplyDeleteOk I'll post something.... First off Congrats there Elena a year just flow by seem as though you've been at it for years. You ask what makes me happy. Hearing laughter in the homestead, you know the goofy kind that comes from way down in side. I have to admit it's always the simple things that make me happy and it's usually the stuff that doesn't cost a cent, like a smile on a family members face when the accomplished a large task is done or completed assignment it really does make me happy to see them feel so good. Thanks lady for the great topics you bring up all the time really makes one think.
ReplyDeleteHi! Congratulations on your first year of blogging - and of learning to like people. (It isn't always easy!)
ReplyDeleteIt makes me so happy that you found me a few months ago, and that you reached out to me and all these other wonderful bloggers - many of whom I already know and adore, too.
That book about creative awakening looks interesting. I don't think I've heard of it.
I hope you're having a great week! I didn't really stop by to win anything - just wanted to say "Hi"
Hugs and love,
xoxoxo
Angela
Congratulations on your Blogiversary, Elena!! I'm already a Follower and I've had your blog's link in my Blog List for a while now too so I hope that qualifies me for your wonderful giveaway. If I had to choose, it would be 'Creative Awakenings'. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat makes me happy?...playing with paint and mediums, spending quality time with my kids and, of course, cruising Blogland!
Hey! I already have step one down! I'm an existing follower!
ReplyDeleteI shared you in my blog entry today :)
If I were the lucky winner I would simply adore the Creative Awakenings book!