"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Giveaway Results

First off let me say thank you so very much for playing along with me. I used to wonder why people brought baked goodies to the office to share on their birthdays. I couldn't figure out why they were giving instead of receiving. And this little giveaway reminded me of something I had forgotten. My mom worked in a factory and we didn't have much. But at Christmas she would go to a surplus warehouse and buy little token gifts in bulk to share with everyone she knew at the factory. It might sound like alot but it probably wasn't more than a dozen. She said it would brighten someone's day to know they were thought of.

And so when I started my first job I did the same. And the people were taken aback. But it made me feel good to see them smile. Until I overheard a woman tell a temp that I was sucking up. My heart was broken and I never bought gifts for anyone again.

But this giveaway reminded me that I just love sharing. And even if I can't see you I hope it made you smile. Of course now I wish I had something for you all. So for all you newbies, I hope you continue to follow along and perhaps I'll amuse you or piss you off or make you scratch your head with my rantings. I sure could use words of wisdom along my path and treasure your company.

Now that I'm hooked on the feeling I'm sure I'll be doing more giveaways. 
And I am NOT sucking up. 
So there! :P

And I was very technical
Sat down and counted the comments
Deducted the duplicates and those who didn't want a book
Entered the numbers into Random.org
And the results are 
(.....drumroll.....)

#11 Butterfly Woman of Marlotus Muses
#17 Lori Vliegen of Elvie Studio
I'll send you both emails with information
Yay!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

9 comments:

  1. Your comments about taking things to work remond me of my own parents, and myself. Southern as I am, taking food is always COMMON. It's like breathing.
    And I have found here in Indiana, people are still shocked that someone DOES that! And they have their little *remarks*.....and I just keep taking cookies or whatever I have baked. I don't care!
    You're among the right people now---we know why one gives! (and there's no kissy sounds here, so I'm not sucking up....LOL!!!! you may e-mail me and tell me I'm rotten!)
    BIG CONGRATS to your winners!!!
    Grazie for being here!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy for Marlutos muses....she will be thrilled..and happy..I can just see her smile and her tears....you're a sweety Elena
    I love generous people
    especially those generous in spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners! Sunhawk:)! I love to hear stories of lineage and history. Sometimes people are too proud to receive and maybe obliterate their feelings by dumping on the giver. I love to cook for people. Gets expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to the winner and that picture below with the balloons.....cripes girl, you are too beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winners. I echo what Beth said, you are really beautiful from what I can see of you in that balloon picture. I didn't say that yesterday because I didn't want you to think I was trying to suck up and win the prize;-) Happy Birthday! or whatever. I guess it is your blogiversary, not your birthday. Happy Birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners! How mean of that person to say you were "sucking" up. Why are some people so mean! I think the person was jealous because they didn't think of doing the nice thing you did. Have a great rest of the week. Ta Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, my friend, will never suck up to me. I love your pure spirit and know your intentions are always honorable and from the heart. I am so blown away to be one of the winners. Although you are a gift in and of yourself and that is more than enough for me, I accept the book with gratitude! I may not always leave a comment here but I do faithfully read your journey here everyday and take your words in and connect. Often, I get emotional and need to process what comes up for me. You make a difference in my life.

    How touching of your mom and you to send little tokens of love. Never let others crush your spirit! Your spirit makes you shine, my friend.
    Can't wait to get the book and start reading it.....
    Love and hugs.
    Bev-Marlotus Muses-ButterflyWoman-SunHawk

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you, sweet elena....for your dedication to your blog, for your sweet give-away generosity, for always speaking from the heart, and for making me smile!!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!