"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Year Blog-versary!


"When you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount" Dakota tribal saying

Rather ingenious don't you think? Such a no brainer. But the following is the business world's response:
  1. Buying a stronger whip.
  2. Changing riders.
  3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
  4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
  5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
  6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.
  7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
  8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
  9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
  10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's performance.
  11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.
  12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
  13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.                                                 unknown
And it seems silly when you're on the outside looking in.  But "they" take this over analysis seriously. And I found myself getting frustrated with this denial mentality. So I walked away...or ran. And thanks to a dear friend I met in a drawing class, I started this blog. With the only expectation being to use it as a journal to vent anything that crossed my mind. I would no longer keep quiet because of protocol or what would people think or political correctness. I was retaliating. Like an unruly child I was having a full blown tantrum.

Little did I know I'd end up with a group of amazing and creative people who selflessly shared their wisdom and humor. I'm not retaliating anymore (well...there are some days). But now I just keep writing whatever crosses my mind. Because if I can make someone stop for a moment to appreciate their uniqueness and be proud of their strength...well then it's all worth it.

Thank you very much for being part of My Quest

13 comments:

  1. I am honored to have met you on this journey!
    You are and have always been an artist, make it ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. Woo Hoo! You go girl!! I hope to be seeing you this time next year, but only saying your TWO year anniversary. I'm glad I met you. Peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! May the horse you ride never die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol hehehe hahaha lol heheha living impaired, that is so hilarious. I can't believe its a year already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do realize the corporate world's view is slightly less skewed than that of the military...especially the part about promoting the dead horse! LOL!!!
    Happy Anniversary!!!!!♥♥♥
    And if the *horse* you ride breaks down, it just needs gas or a trip to the mechanic! :D

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious post.
    I am so glad to have met you - I enjoy your stories and hearing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!! This is hilarious!! And sad because it's so true!!
    I am so happy to know you and to be able to follow you (and hopefully walk beside you a little bit!) on your journey! It's so reassuring to know that there are people like you out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll choose to dismount. That's a great analogy, so true. It's governments way to do ten studies to decide to hire another employee and then as the year has past, the increased workload needs two... and they're so wrapped up in themselves they can't see they forgot to feed the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo Elena : ) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Congrats.

    Heading over to your give-a-way post now. Finally found some time to respond!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the balloons
    it was April's wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's the way to do it, Elena. Be yourself and inspire the world in the process. By simply being the unique creative woman you are! Let' the others worry about the dead horse... You go, girl!! Love, SIlke

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfull post! and a huge cyber hug of congrats to you! Your picture is just blisfull!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!