"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mystic Monday: The Lava Lamp Knows All

As I drove to Wisconsin last weekend, I vaguely listened to a book on tape when a particular point caught my attention. The author spoke about the vast capabilities each of us has and how we often choose to allow our ego to instill false limits on us. He spoke about each of us coming from one source to experience the things we chose during our time here. And that when our physical bodies die (our protective shell), our souls are released to rejoin with the source where we originated from.

Barring any preconceived religious beliefs, I found this intriguing. Sure I had heard it before but this time it struck a chord. And now I want to know more and understand more and try to connect the dots. Why? Perhaps because I'm good at setting limits on myself. Convincing myself that I'm not good enough, or worthy enough, or young enough, or skinny enough....a helluva lot of 'enough'. This concept that I am equal to everyone I see because we originated from the same source... This concept that under the different 'protective exteriors' we call our physical bodies we are the same... This concept that I will 'shed' my physical body and return to my true source... Well, hell it warrants my attention.

How can I say I love somebody else if I won't include myself in that love. It's not like I'm saying "hey hubby I love your outer shell but don't give a damn about the 'you' inside". And I would never hold my son back by saying "oh you shouldn't try that, you're not enough". If I see the greatness within others and we originate from the same source (light? mass? cosmos?) then....<gulp> that must mean I  -  am  -  enough.

And it must also mean I am not alone. I have company in this quest. There are others on their own quests and we have the strength and the ability for greatness already instilled within us. And as I look around me, I see examples in little acorns fueled by desire that crack open to become huge oaks. And I've read about people who achieve greatness regardless of the naysayers. Did they know about "source"? Did they know they were capable of greatness? Or did they just follow their desire?

Hmmm....I must research this more....
In the interim, I do believe the answer may lie in the lava lamp...
It has an embryonic stage, a release from source, a quest, and a return to source...

Ha! Ha! I seriously sound like I'm on some psychedelic trip don't I?
Perhaps too much natural air this weekend
GROOVY

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and YES to all you said!! It is so good (and why is it so hard?) to remember that we are all enough and underneath it all the same. You are hitting on something super important here and I thank you for reminding me!! Your quest is my quest also!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was contemplating the very same "stuff" this weekend! How "one-ness" is that? Thanks for the post. It confirms my thoughts and feelings and reminds me how much I need to continue to hear and be reminded of this lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, sometimes, what keeps me *outside the group* (as in, not being in a clique) is that I have more than once verbalized that we're all the same and that all the pretense is, well, PRETENSE!!! (didn't go over too well....BTW!)
    That being said, this is perhaps one of the worst times for women because we are constantly bombarded with media interpretations of what we should *be*. You know, thin, rich, successful (what is that? really....) blah blah blah.
    I have decided that when I am happy with me inside, I'm not too worried about the outside world.
    And you definitely ARE ENOUGH!!!! We came prepackaged that way! ;)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are enough....but for some reason i think we as women are born to be everything to everyone and we question that "are we enough" way too often....

    so yes....you are not alone sweetie !
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think maybe all that natural air did some serious good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elena..wonderful words..glad you were sparked within. Embrace your beautiful spirit and shining heart....embrace the beauty and gifts of your path..and who you uniquely are....and never stand in its way..flow with it..and allow yourself to Shine shine shine!!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  7. all too deep for my little brain. I just go along ... ... and am happy doing so.... guess I'm not destined for greatness or anything big. But... I don't care... I'm just glad I'm me; enjoying the simple things life offers. Happy to be where and what I am. Glad I made it this far after a crappy childhood and some stupid mistakes in my early adult life. Just trying to be a decent human being... it's enough .... for me......

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can SO relate.....and, yes, you are definitely enough, sweet gal! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!