"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Equipment Advice?

I'M BEING EVICTED! Well, how's that for a dramatic statement? Actually my son is booting me from the shared tv/computer/guitar room. I'm too messy he says. Hee,hee....yes, I am. But that's how I work. I spread out papers around me. When I get up it looks like a paper donut...you know, the only clear space being where I sit. So he is evicting me, my computer and printer. Elder discrimination I say. He says it's too slow and he could use the room for his equipment. I wonder if he's talking about me or just the computer?

And I thought about staying. But then decided a boy needs a space of his own. He's 12 going on 16 and this is like his play room. Why can't he just play in his bedroom? (oops, sorry that's inner tantrum speaking)

So, I now have to try to incorporate my old computer & printer into the studio. And I've decided I want to try using them as part of the art play. I'd like to load Photoshop (I think I have Elements 7?) I'd like to be able to print onto transfer paper, get a router, and I'd like a laptop.

And all this made me wonder if you have any suggestions for equipment.

If I'm being evicted, I might as well get a wish list going for the future.

But for now, I'm watching my son with an eagle eye. I don't want to come home and find my stuff sitting outside his room.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo clueless of computer equipment! I let my husband pick out mine, then I'm the one who learns the *tech* stuff. (there's something wrong with THAT picture!)
    I've wanted a laptop but DH said the ones they have at work are too fragile (am I that hard on things?) and they are too expensive.
    Okay....... >:[
    I have several photo programs loaded on mine...there is one I actually know how to use and I use bits and pieces of the rest. I always vote for SIMPLE!
    And another thing to consider, as I am walking proof, a computer in the studio really is a time killer......just think about it.
    I have no other wisdom today. That's all!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if your feeding a wish list...
    Make sure you ask for a colored laser printer one that you can use the color images you take so well and then incoorperate them into you work. Lap tops...hmmm don't know if you into the HP ones but mine the girls in the house have had great luck with them... get one that plays movies too. As of being in the studio space I find it great to watch a movie sometimes that now one else will enjoy and I get to play while I watch too. I do have a http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=240&modelid=9439 which is nice to just make black toner copies for image transfers. last a long time for copies too. as of the toner.. so I'm a rambling ... I'm sure you will find what you want and it will be a great space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!