This is all I remember from my dreams last night.
One statement.
Are you really living? Or are you just reacting to the flow?
Well I can say that at this moment in time I am doing both. I have come to terms with letting go of the career, the money, the self-sufficiency for this new life of family, long bouts of solitude, and relying on someone else. And it has taken two years to learn not to squirm (well- not nearly as much) over this new way of living.
But there's a difference between life #1 where I reacted to the flow by waking up to sit in two hour traffic jams to sit in meeting after meeting surrounded by corruption, lies, hostility, the occasional true spirit and life looked rather grey. And now life #2 where I'm getting to know who I am and that there are other great people who inhabit this place and that nature really does still exist beyond the concrete towers.
And perhaps that statement means it's all about my perception. I can choose to feel miserable about my situation; whether I gripe about traffic or the bad news on tv. Or I can choose to find humanity in it all. To look up and find the blue sky, the birds, the trees.
Or perhaps it's about awareness. To wake up with gratitude for being given another day. To feel the wind, hear the birds, smile at a stranger. Whatever it is...atleast it made my groggy brain think.
So remember, really live today
And if you feel lost
Just look up and reconnect to all that's good
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I am blown away by the party-goers attending my anniversary giveaway.
Welcome everyone!
There's still time to join the celebration by commenting at the Giveaway! post.
Thank you! Thank you!

I think walking away from a regular *job* (and I use that term loosely, is a bit like enduring a death. You mourn and grieve, try and readjust, you may have hated what you did but it was a secure routine.
ReplyDeleteAnd then you wake up and step into the unknown. (real life!)
When I quite working for the Dr. I was in a state of shock for a while; I had loved the work but was not getting paid fairly, was working far beyond my abilities and was expected to finish things that I felt should have been dealt with by a professional. I loved the work but hated the people and politics---make sense?
It took me about two years to get back into the art flow because my days were so singularly driven by the work and hours it consumed.
You're on the right path--living life. But sometimes, it is required we just go with the flow to OBSERVE.
And that's okay too! ;)
XXOO!!
Anne
Anne is very correct in noting it takes time to change. And you are doing it very well! Is that a blue heron in the corner of your photo?
ReplyDeleteHi Elena..I love your spirit and always enjoy reading about your journey..shine on..rock on! Have a dazzling day Elena-style!!
ReplyDeleteKiki~
Hi Elena. Change is inevitable. We all deal with it. Personally, I don't care for change but I do know that is how we grow. So I try to accept it and just go with it. You sound like a person that has their feet firmly set and are doing pretty good. Hope all is going well and thx for stoppng by my blog. I appreciate it. Have a wonderful rest of the day and also the week. Take care.
ReplyDeleteyou have such a wonderful gift for the written word.....and this post is proof positive of that! so much to be thankful for.....:))
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you are on the right track, be patient and your contentment will catch up to you. A connection to nature will surely be your saving grace.
ReplyDeletei adore your attitude and how you look at the world....i really do !
ReplyDelete