I love old people
I can't help it
I love the wrinkles
And the way their eyes are squinty
And how the wrinkles on their hands
so closely resemble the bark of an old oak tree
And the wisdom they share
And the stories they tell
Even when they're crotchety
And wink to let you know they're kidding
And they don't care about political correctness
Or calling me ma'am
And believe in honor, respect and American pride
And find value in the little things
And understand why I love trees
Nature and animals
But my most favorite is this one
My viejita
The one I call Mama
And I think Jazz feels the same way I do about old people

Beautiful! and I totally get everything you said here ;)
ReplyDeleteHugs to Mom~
ReplyDeleteJazz knows, if those hands could tell stories.
ReplyDeleteWhen I worked for the Dr., most of the elderly people always asked to talk to me. I guess I was the only one there that would *listen*......
ReplyDeleteXXOO!!
Anne
I so completely agree in so many ways! What a wonderful post! If only more of the world thought this way- it makes me sad that so many stories go unlistened to.
ReplyDeleteBlessings for Mama and Blessings for you too!
)O(
I surely hope that more people will feel the way you do because it won't be long before I will be one of those wrinkly crinkly crochety old barks!
ReplyDeleteyou hit the bullseye.....and i'm with you all the way!!! i could sit and listen to these master story-tellers for hours.....they are living history! hope you have a fabulous weekend!! :))
ReplyDeletethis is so sweet...
ReplyDeleteand YES, my mother-in-law does lots of that winking :)