"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Guide

 On May 1st when I was 4 yrs old
I lost my big brother
Up until a few years ago I missed him horribly
I don't anymore
Because I've finally come to understand
That he never left my side

In times of great distress
I can call him
And feel him near
Literally will feel tingling on my hand
As if he's holding it tight
And when I'm on the bike
I sometimes will feel a pressure at my back
As if someone is holding on
And I tell him to hold tight unless he wants
his lil sis to lose him in a ditch

Some can argue that it's all in my head
But I know in my heart
And when my cousin said he used to tell her
That he would always take care of me
And I told her he still is
She said she had no doubt

And the only proof I have
Is what's in my heart
And the fact that he saved my life

Because I wanted to die
And was contemplating how
When I suddenly became pregnant
And the doctors said impossible

What does my brother have to do with it?
My son looks just like him
And I know it's to remind me 
That my brother will always be with me
Until I die

Me & my brother                          My son     

9 comments:

  1. Wow! The resemblance is undeniable! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.....your son is the spitting image of your brother; it's like he was reborn, and now the roles are reversed and you care for him.
    I do believe people come and never leave us when they feel it is their duty. They may be gone in flesh, but never in spirit.

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That he does Elena... thanks for sharing that with us.. Tuggs at the heart..
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh elena....
    i had no idea.....and that makes your son even more special than he already is....what gifts you've been given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorrow planting some beautiful seeds! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and inspiring..wow they do look alike! And yes I agree..and know..we are never apart from our loved ones ..it is impossible to be! That is how powerful love and spirit is! Immeasurable! Cool post..awesome!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The resemblance is amazing!!! And yes, no doubt he is watching over you! I am so sorry that you felt such despair in the past. Sure am glad you're still here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally believe what you say, I know there is no death. Your son does look like your brother!
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!