Except....
And here's where I have absolutely no clue. When it comes to some women....
- an old coworker is dating one of my fellow riders - she knows he's married & doesn't mind
- he's dating several other coworkers and that makes her jealous
- his wife knows he dates other women - but chooses to turn the other way
- when we're on the road, one of the other guys picks up any female on the road so long as his wife isn't around - when she is around she's clingy and snooty
- both these guys beg me to keep quiet - I tell them why would I bother, they already know
- a neighbor recently said the only time she slept away from her husband was when she was giving birth to their children - travel needs to be within driving distance so she could drive home to sleep with him
- she attends her annual family sleepover but leaves around midnight to be with him
- what's she going to do if he dies first
- a few old coworkers use their femininity to their advantage - they flirt with the crews, wear revealing clothes, and as soon as someone either makes a comment or looks, these guys are slapped with a sexual harassment claim
- an architect and I were getting ready to head into a meeting - she reached into her blouse, leaned over, readjusted her breasts and said "ok, let's go...we have to use all our assets to get what we want" - did I miss that in school?
- then there's the other batch that cling to the poor guy not giving him room to breathe, the ones who say they need to ask for permission to whatever, the ones whose romantic notions seem to be one-sided
- I used to think I was disgusted by the married couples who act like they're in love. But that's not true. My friend Beth and her hubby are so cool together. They fit; they belong. But there's the ones who border on pathetic. And I have no clue how to explain-it's a feeling. The sense that the woman would willingly sign away her soul to be with this guy.
- I am not romantic at all
- I have too much testosterone
- I'm eternally thankful to have found women artists & bloggers who don't act like this at all
- I'd rather ride alone or just with the guys
- There are really no romantic relationships in my family - hubby says that's why I can't relate
- I say there's a huge difference between being in love and being pathetic
- Or perhaps I'm the one being pathetic....arghhhh
~ ~ ~ ~
I hope I haven't offended anyone. These are just my rantings as I try to discover my world.
Dear Elena, I find it so incredible fascinating to find out what makes others tick. And here's what I have found out for myself. I can try to make sense of others' actions, but in the end I cannot ever truly understand them because I am not them, I have not experienced what they have experienced nor can I ever. We are all our unique blend of what we have learned and lived over the years.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I find that at the root of most everything I observe in others that doesn't make sense to me is fear: fear of being left, of being alone, of getting old, of not mattering, of not being seen, of being seen, of being bored, of not being attractive, of being in a stagnant relationship, of being in a meaningful relationship, of not being in a relationship, of being found out, of not being found out, of not being lovable, of being hurt -- I could go on for hours.
In the end, I think we all want to be loved and valued, no matter how wisely or foolishly we go about it.
And you, dear Elena, are a wise woman!! Much love, Silke
Hi Elena!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post! It is a wonderful observance of dysfunctional humanity at it's best!!!
I never really had *girlfriends* other than a couple in highschool and now that I am 50. Why? Because I got so sick of seeing women behave like IDIOTS to get what they want! (like the woman and her boobs going into the meeting?) I mean, this was a totally odd concept to me--and still is!--and I too just wanted to hang with the guys, even with some of the crap they did.
But the one that got me the most in this is the woman who won't sleep away from home....boy! Freud would have a field-day with that. Issues all over her---afraid hubby will cheat....I wonder if she ever has in a relationship to be so concerned?
I could ramble forever; basically I think most artists are *observers*. We don't necessarily fit the pack mentality, we stand outside it and observe the sometimes ludacrious behavior of the human animal.....
I think I much prefer observing....
Sounds like you do too! And that's okay! (and I have no answers to the things women do...none!)
XXOO!!
Anne
I've sat here for ages trying to think of something wise to say. Hands on the keyboard waiting for my brain to come up with something, anything. I just don't care enough about these plastic men and women to think of anything wise I suppose. And if I were entirely honest I would admit to feeling a little smug that I'm not like them :p
ReplyDeleteDear Elena, thanks for your very sweet comment on my blog!!
ReplyDeleteMy wisdom comes from tough experience - I have been some of those women (before putting my life together again with much therapy and a loving husband). I know how behavior like that can happen and it has made me forever compassionate toward my fellow humans. To me, in the end, we are all one and in judging others harshly, we judge ourselves as well.
Much love to you, dear friend!! And a big hug! Silke
Wow. Let them all slip through your fingers. Oops. Because I am a listener, people often tell me more than they intended, I forget. Who was that anyway?
ReplyDeleteI see so much crap passed from generation to generation... societal change begins with youth. We lead by example, not realizing how much influence we actually have.
I getcha Elena, I totally getcha!! Everyone of those situations you described leave me feeling really "icky". I used to work in a hotel and saw a LOT of stuff going on. And I saw a lot of ambitous young women using their sexuality to get ahead. I think those people are not very secure, don't really feel like they can make it any other way. Guess I'm being judgemental here but hey....I'm human!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, you make me laugh....
ReplyDeleteyou have too much testosterone ?.....oh, i laugh again !!!
your voice, your writing, your hair, your eyelashes....i beg to differ !!!
and that man of mine....we do love deeply.....i'm terribly lucky !