Those that know me know that I'm not often creative
And I figured if I made up Feeling Creative Friday
I would be forced to create
And so I played a bit
And learned a little bit about myself
I worked on the one on the right the other night
And really fought that little voice that said
"Looks like a 5 yr old did it"
"Why do you bother"
It's collage and acrylics on an old record
But it's not what I envisioned
And I forced it the whole way
And I don't like it yet
I worked on the one on the left last night
And I didn't think as I did it
I was too busy singing along with the music
And I stopped after painting the tree
It's collage and acrylics on canvas
I decided not to trim the edges
Because it feels done
And can you see the difference between the two?
I can
The left flows as my spirit did with the music
The right seems choppy and resistant as I fought myself
Cool

Ok lady where that censor of your's bring him here let me at him for you... You showed up and yes maybe one was forced and one flowed but now you know the difference progress in little steps moving forward... well done and good for you. Think of learning to plan that darn piano...do you get right the first time? no do you did you get riding you moto the first time or the third? then something clicked and it begain to happen didn't it...pull from experience your experience and you will see spirit will be with you along the way..
ReplyDelete~v~Laura
ohhhhh.....I think when the roads and the weather are clear, you need to hop on your bike and come up and play....and yes, I see the difference !
ReplyDeleteI see the difference but I still like them both!! I think the idea of doing it on a record is wonderful!! Got me thinking....hmmm. Do I have any old records I don't want?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI do see the difference, but I like them both. As Laura said, isn't it wonderful that you see the difference. I am so glad you have established Creative Friday!
ReplyDeleteI like them both too, they just have different stories to tell.
ReplyDelete