Well, that was some fast soul searching. I slid down my emotional hill and sat at the creek bed tossing stones into the water for a few days. According to the Artist’s Way, which I’m following along with an online group, I experienced a creative U-turn. More like a ‘drop everything and run for the hills’ moment. I do this. Whenever I’m happy or making positive steps, I pull out the big guns of self-sabotage. But apparently as I work through this book, things are being stirred up and the growth phase is followed by ‘a strong urge to abandon the process and return to life as I know it’. Crazy as it may be.
I’ll admit it. I am my worst enemy. Apparently I have buried self-esteem issues. Great. In this process of self-discovery I’m feeling like Shrek and his onion layers. Keep peeling and discovering. And sometimes I try to put the layers back and find that once you start the process, it’s not so easy going back. Did I ever mention how difficult it is to reverse on a motorcycle - especially when you have short legs? It’s like that. Harley had a good idea…no reverse buttons. Steps forward. I should write a book “All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned From my Motorcycle.’
So thanks to those of you who’ve convinced me to keep yapping here. The blog is for me. To prove to my critical side that I am in fact experiencing positive growth. And nobody has ever said anything mean to me here. If anyone had, I’d just delete them. Not so easy deleting the critical side of myself though. And in the process of blogging if I inspire someone or make someone smile, it’ll be worth the effort.
I’m trying something a bit different for myself though. A new format of sorts:
Mondays will be Mystic Monday
Wednesdays will be Wordless Wednesday (inspired by Metamorphosis’ blog)
Friday will be Feeling Creative Friday
So I’m back.
Not that I was gone so long…did I even give you time to miss me?
I missed you....
ReplyDeleteand I'm thrilled that you're back and YOU....yes YOU....YOU make me smile!!!
LOTS !
Glad you are back. And give your young man a birthday hug from me. Nearly a teenager. Let the fun begin hehehe
ReplyDeleteI've been on my own creative u-turn, but thoughts are with my tribe always!
ReplyDelete