42 things to do before I turn 43 on August 28th
1) Take an artist workshop
2) Approach an artist about lessons
3) Paint something on a 36x48 canvas
4) Call myself an artist
5) When someone asks what I do respond w/ “whatever I want”
6) Play a song on the guitar
7) Learn to read music
8) Learn Tai-Chi
9) Find a good walking trail
10) Exercise atleast once a week
11) Lose 2 lbs (hee, hee I’m being realistic)
12) Cook atleast one of my mom’s recipes
13) Take the Amtrak train somewhere/anywhere
14) Paint my toe-nails (eek)
15) Really look at myself in the mirror (eyes open)
16) Enlarge & hang some of my photos
17) Handwrite a letter to a friend
18) Go on a dinner date with hubby
19) Grow a vegetable from seed
20) Take a reiki class
21) Write a will
22) Create a plan for one section of the garden
23) Organize my computer files
24) Meet someone live from my blog
25) Go to the movies
26) Jot a note on a rock and leave it somewhere
27) Find/join a ‘live’ artist tribe
28) Sleep under the stars
29) Ride a horse (yikes!) (Yeah yeah I know I dream to be a horse farmer but they scare me)
30) Take my son to a concert
31) Hug and kiss my son everyday (squeeze when he squirms)
32) Find my airbrush
33) Apologize to my ex
34) Go to a book signing
35) Visit a psychic
36) Talk to a priest about his beliefs
37) Talk to a local farmer
38) Learn to make an appetizer to take to social gatherings
39) Go to the zoo w/out plotting the animals’ escape
40) Talk to the neighbors
41) Go to a local farmer’s market
42) Make a tshirt
ohhhhh I hope I'm #24 :)
ReplyDeleteand YES YES YES....to #5 !!!!!
Elena, I don't know if you see it yet, but much is revealed in this list
ReplyDeleteI applaud your searching
it's working
What a great list! Better get busy!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great list!!! Go for it!! You are the perfect example of my word for the year---EXPAND!!! My "expansion" is happening but at a rather slow pace---but that's ok for now! By the way, my Artist's Way group is the one at the Center and I've been doing the mandalas in Lois Hresja's drawing class on Thursdays--we kind of got sidetracked and it's been oh so fun!! I can't stop!!
ReplyDeleteI gave up working in the IT industry in 2007 and, like you (I think), I'm trying to find a different path in life. The question I'm most often asked is your #5.
ReplyDeleteMy answer is always like yours too "Whatever I want".
Many people I come across are still following the work work work doctrine so that they can buy buy buy. I know some have no choice but others do it simply because they always have.
My answer makes me feel good about myself but in some ways I say to defend my position and to avoid having to justify my new lifestyle.
Oh hell, I wish I had your way with words Elena.
Ian.
OMG!! hurry up!! I thought when I saw the list on the sidebar and it said B list...it was a bucket list!! But, it's birthday and it's only months away.... strangely, I wanted to do and have done many things that are on your list... except the musical stuff...and still can't be bothered with it. I have a nephew who is an opera tenor ....good enough...I'll live vicariously...lol......
ReplyDeleteLearning to ride a motorcycle and owning my own...said vehemently after a 2200 mile trip on the back of a sportbike...my backside was numb by the time we got home. I swore that next time I was taking my own bike...which was pretty funny because I had no bike.. didn't even have a license... my hubby laughed and immediately wrote a cheque..and said... take lessons! So, I did. That was on my list since I was about 8 years old... right up there with learning archery ... even managed a medal with the archery. My list was Very short because I tried a lot of things every day in my life... probably had to do with us managing to survive a crappy and vicious childhood. We weren't afraid of much after those year and were older than our chronological years already.
The only thing I really, absolutely, MUST do, some day, is ride in a hot air balloon....and I don't really like heights... although being in planes doesn't scare me. but...I want to and will....