So, following my newly prescribed blog format, I thought I'd use my Mystic Monday to post about things that I'm curious about. I was raised Catholic. Had 12 years of parochial schools and wouldn't dare let myself consider the existence of half the things I research now. Although I no longer attend Mass as I used to, I find that my belief system is getting stronger. I'll never try to convince someone to believe in something. Everyone is different and entitled to their own beliefs. These are my thoughts-my ramblings. I refer to God as the Great Spirit now. The name "God" brings up strange images of a whip-lashing mean being bent on destruction as painted in my child-brain by many well-meaning nuns. Not their fault.
Friday night I was driving in a very dense fog. The type where I could just make out the hood of my car and one little yellow dash at a time on the road. For a split second I had to catch my breath - it was the feeling that there was no road because I couldn't see it. Nonsense of course. I knew it was there. I've driven that road many times. I just had to quiet my illogical mind and trust.
And I wondered about the existence of things I cannot see-specifically Angels or spirit guides. The belief that we are assigned a messenger, a spiritual guide, to assist us in our journey. Is it possible or just spiritual mumbo-jumbo? So where's this Angel been when I needed him. There. I just never wanted to believe because I couldn't see. And not too long ago I would have said that if the belief in Angels helps give me strength to move forward then sure, I'll use that term. But not anymore. I know there are Angels in my life. Who cares if I can't see them. I can't discount the coincidences and I learned that they've always been there, I just never believed it. And all I have to do is quiet my illogical mind, ask them for help, and trust. So the only change has been in my perspective. And there seem to be more possibilities-wider horizons. Guess it hasn't been too long ago that many believed the world to be flat. And all it took was one person's change in perspective. Cool.
Dear Elena, I am so glad I found you! When you left a comment on my blog and became one of my readers, there was no link back to your blog. And then, last night, I found you anyway... I'm so with you on the religion/spirit "thing" and I am a very firm believer in angels - human and otherwise. More than a belief really, I know they are there and here and all around... Wishing you a wonderful Mystic Monday! Hugs, Silke
ReplyDeleteYou didn't feel the road because angels were carrying you! Not at all illogical.
ReplyDeleteAh but the possibility that the road has disappeared and you are flying, floating or being carried by angels is so much more romantic.
ReplyDelete