"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday


It took 8 years for you to arrive
Just as I’d given up hope & at the darkest moment
You appeared like a beacon of light
You were so timid and scared
I was worried I’d screw you up

But it turns out you’re a wise old soul
And you taught me how to love
And in this past year you’ve grown into a strong willed child
Fearless and talented
And everyday
Through our play and our fights
You remind me just how much you teach me
And how honored I am to lead you on this part of your journey

I’m proud of you
And I’ll always love you

 
God's gift to me
He turns 12...February 7th
 
I've mentioned before how I'm always seeing the numbers 111
Funny coincidence then that I was born at 1:11 pm and he was born at 1:11 am
My heaven-sent reminder to stay positive...

4 comments:

  1. Elena....happy birthday to your handsome son!
    and happy anniversary of his birth to you!
    My son's birthday is today....he's 35!
    Aren't we blessed...
    hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the happiest of birthdays to your baby boy....well, not so babyish anymore and that 111 stuff is amazing....

    he looks like my son with that helmet and those riding clothes on....will he get a motorcycle someday ?

    my son is a dirt biker through and through....wild child, yes !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son and happy memories to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!