"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time Travel

I've avoided a little thing I started some time ago. To finish organizing the pictures that have accumulated in a box. Little reminders of times now past. Of a former life, a marriage now gone, vacations and births of way back then. When we all looked happy. And I have to get through them without asking the question  "What happened?" Because that question applies to it all; the smiles, the marriage, the love, the weight....

But I need to get it done. Otherwise it goes back in the box that hides in the basement and calls to me whenever I walk near. And so I did finish putting together an album for my ex and gave it to him for his bday. And I've completed the baby book for my son. And now I'm just gathering the misc. photos and putting them into albums and photo boxes. Ignoring the "what happened". Because if I can get through it, I break the past's hold on me. I can resume living in the present and not give my inner critic the fuel it likes to use when it says I'm a failure. Whew...thank goodness I'm almost done.

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook" William James

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't really matter what happened...it did and it's done....
    forward always....even if holding a bit of back there in a wee small place in our hearts...always forward....because we do not want to miss today..the now..this life
    I need to go through my pictures too!
    good job Elena for doing the work
    good for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all behind you.....move forward and be proud of who you are and what you've been through....I'm sure you are different and much stronger....so what happened....doesn't have to be answered....only touched every now and then.....just like you did, with the photos.....and a album for your ex and the baby album done....I think that box doesn't have anything on you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job and the sharing of it too! Major growth to admire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!