"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who AM I?

I’m about to start the 5th week of Artist Way with an online group. The reading deprivation was interesting because it made me realize just how much I enjoy reading others’ blogs…getting that little peek into others’ lives. Oh no, am I a peeping tom?! But I also realized how fast I’ll try to fill in the time with other things that take me away from doing stuff I know I should be doing. Like watching tv. I stayed away from that as much as I could too. And I realized it affected my bad eating habits. Turns out I eat badly when I watch tv. They seem to go hand in hand; like people drinking and smoking. As long as I wasn’t watching tv, I didn’t feel like eating.

And the tasks at the end of each chapter have been interesting. They ask you to answer with the first thing that pops into your head and it’s been interesting to read my responses.

Did you know…

My imaginary lives are horse farmer, cowboy, artist, drummer, guitarist, healer, forest ranger, monk, travel U.S. by motorcycle and write articles about adventures for Harley magazine, join a cattle drive, and run an art camp.

That the things I’m most interested in are glass blowing, wood carving, mountain climbing, belly dancing, painting, drawing, mosaics, making metal/stone sculptures, photography, tai-chi, caving, carpentry, being a motorcycle mechanic, operating a large backhoe or digger, skinny dipping, going on an African safari, jump a train ala hobo, and dancing with the gypsies.

And this is only the result of four weeks.
Who is this person?
 Doesn’t sound like me at all.
Could it be I am so disconnected from self that I forgot I’m such a free spirit
 who yearns for adventure and the outdoors?
Wonder what else I'll discover...

Well, I'm ready, bring it on.

Cool

5 comments:

  1. I think this time of year does that to us....
    being stuck indoors {for the most part} makes us yearn for being outside and adventurous even more...don't you think ?

    I loved reading who and what you are...even if it is "imaginary"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I LOVE the in between time, when you know you aren't yet living your true self, but you can almost feel it bursting out! It's like spring time when the buds are so fat and you know they they are going to burst into bloom any second. I feel that's where you are ... and it's such an exciting time!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting so much out of that book, Elena. Another wonderful photo with a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are exactly who you are supposed to be. Isn't that great? Your questions are great for all our dreams and battles and continued growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...by now you must think I am stalking you...hahhahahha.... but, not...just marvelling at how many things are so similar in our lives... and thinking...I can save you some time...

    for example... Whenever you think you may want to be a horse farmer... remember, you must be up very early every day...and I mean every single day... to feed them, check on them, make sure they have water ... haven't strangled themselves and are still hanging there ...dead ... by binder twine. Other than the death of a loved one......that is the most horrible thing a person can endure or if they manage to injure themselves in stupid or unimaginable circumstance and are bleeding out lying in the snow when you look out the window first thing in the morning... .......because that is what horses do ... they make your life a living hell. ... ... you need to be a veterinarian because the cost of having a vet come as regularly as needed is prohibitive.... they need to have teeth floated regularly...and hooves done too... a lot of outlay each and every month... They they need grooming,feeding and picking up after ....hay bales weight about 65 lbs..and are pretty tough to move around or even to cut the twine on when you first begin..although, let me tell you that after about 5 years it becomes easy and you will be able to wind an arm wrestle with most of the guys you know ...bikers or otherwise.. . Horses poop about 10 pounds a day if they are a good sized animal.....your will need space to put it til you hire a truck to come every 6 months to a year to take it away. Shovels, wheelbarrows, fly ointment, digging out burs and maggots will become your way of life... your hands will be filthy...it never washes out. Food prep becomes a thing you dread because you wonder what infections you may be delivering to your family and loved ones because of what you are touching "out there" .. riding seems a rare thing...and then if you don't do it regularly... they become a little wild all over again...and then...it's reeeelly scary to get on them again. Horses get old...and they require more attention... different and expensive diets and much more attention..oh, did I say that? They injure themselves just walking up a steep incline or tripping over a log when their vision goes. ...and it does. When to put them down? How? and who will do it? ...and then what to do with the body of your beloved animal? .... a ton of hurt. ...

    Motorcycles are my steed of choice... anyway...there is more...much more.... and it is not all great .. so whenever you feel the need to even own a horse to look at and pet? ...just drop me a line. Oh, and.... finding a great pitchfork in the hardware store becomes a really exciting thing.

    ps... and don't forget to add into your will... who will be inheriting the animals... because they're like parrots... they live a reeelly long time... and not just anybody will want to take them over for you and besides..you will not just want it to be anybody..it has to be given much and careful consideration. Changed your mind yet?

    okay...that does it...I'm spending too much time on yer blog... I'm off to find you an appetizer recipe.... actually.... drop me a line to let me know what you want to make....I'll send you a recipe and info on how to.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!